Pauses and complete hangups during movie playback

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by nikeairmax, Oct 28, 2020.

Tags:
  1. nikeairmax

nikeairmax New Member

Hi guys,

I own a Z9S player with the latest firmware installed. When watching full 1:1 Blu-Ray rips the movie pauses for 1-3 seconds during a movie quite some times. Also, some movies will completely keep hanging; this happens sometimes after 5 minutes and sometimes also only after one hour or so.
    It happens with both .m2ts, .ISO and BDMV folder structure rips.
    I m using a external HDD. I have tried 2 external HDD's and both have the same issue (WD MyBook 3tb formatted FAT32 and a WD Elements formatted exFAT).

Tried it with the native player, with home theater and with the ZDMC player: all the same issue.....

What could the problem be?

Thanks

2. wilsonganks

wilsonganks Member

Tell me about it. I have been having pauses, can't play video error, reboot, hanging, etc. Only a handful of movies that I can complete from beginning to end. It's frustrating.

Anyone who have a fix would be great. I am at the brink of giving up my zidoo for another player that doesn't have so much a problem.

3. Marwan

Marwan New Member

I'm having the same problem "Pauses and complete hangups during movie playback" using my HDD.

4. cavedarter

cavedarter New Member

Interesting - I have played a decent number of 3D BD rips on my Z9S and haven't noticed what you are talking about. I think I have only played one 2D BD rip but don't remember that giving me trouble either.

Are all of you using the USB 2.0 ports? I remember reading some possible troubles with 3.0....

5. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

I've never experienced those issues with Gigabit Ethernet connection to NAS for playing 2D uhd iso files.

6. wilsonganks

wilsonganks Member

Whether it's 2.0 or 3.0 I am still getting the intermittent problem. I thought it could be my harddisk but I am not sure how to confirm it as I did a check and it does not have bad sector.

For those having the same issue, mind sharing your harddisk brand? See if it could be a certain specific brand. I am using Seagate.

7. Marwan

Marwan New Member

I am using WD.

8. wilsonganks

wilsonganks Member

I am using seagate.

I have another older HDD in which if I used that to watch, no hangups and no pauses. Odd

9. vidwiz

vidwiz New Member

similar issues here, various usb anomalies, audio wont play or video stuttering or loses usb connection completely requiring reboot. weird as if plugging into one 3.0 port i get one issue, then use other 3.0 port and fixes one issue but adds another. usb 2.0 port had stuttering. still trying to figure it all out. .45 firmware mentions it fixes occasional devices offline, not sure if applicable to usb issues. i may shuck my wd and try sata. seems like higher bitrate files are more problematic.

10. Duke Sweden

Duke Sweden Member

Three years later and there still isn't a fix for this problem!?! I'm connecting via wifi.

11. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

Connect via Ethernet cable, WiFi is not reliable.

12. Duke Sweden

Duke Sweden Member

I can't. My router is on the other end of my house and my attic doesn't extend all the way across. I'd have to run a 100 foot cable along the floor from one end of my home to another.

13. Duke Sweden

Duke Sweden Member

Hey, is the ZDMC player a separate app to be updated or is it built into the zidoo z9x?