loss of poster wall in smb

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by angixspirit, Mar 11, 2024.

1. angixspirit

angixspirit New Member

HELLO A QUICK QUESTION REGARDING MY ZX9 PRO
    my videos are stored in my nas
    in home theater 4 I go to source then smb and I choose my nas
    everything is fine!
    on the other hand as soon as I turn off the NAS and turn it back on in the morning I lose my poster wall, and when I go to sources I see the address of my NAS, but with the connection with the source was lost and impossible to update I can only delete and start again all the identification etc.
    how to avoid the problem?
    the same on the file manager side I have the nas as favorites in smb but never accessible via the favorites supposedly no connection whereas if I go through smb it finds it immediately and I have direct access to the file thank you for advance

2. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

It’s basically the same as turning off the switch to your lights, they are off. If you disconnect the source then they no longer exist as far as the Zidoo is concerned. Solution leave your NAS on

3. angixspirit

angixspirit New Member

except that when I turn the nas back on the films are still there! nothing has changed, and it should be visible immediately in the zidoo! before I had the z10 when with internal hdd, when I removed the hdd inevitably the film image wall was empty but as soon as I put it back in the zidoo, the poster wall came back as before without having to identify everything again! that’s not the case! he loses the connection to the source but refuses to reconnect and is therefore forced to delete the source to start all over again

4. Netmask

Where do you save the poster folder?

Disable custom folder
    Priority save to device
    Priority save to custom folder or
    Custom folder?

5. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

A better solution is to keep the posters active for the disconnected sources. If you try to play the movie HT should ask you to connect the source and try again or delete the movie from the database. All media platforms do this except for Zidoo.

6. Z49845

Z49845 Member

With my UHD3000 it helped to disable autostarting HT4. If the Zidoo comes up before the NAS, then the sources are disconnected, but after restating the Zidoo again and starting HT4 manually, everything is working again.

7. angixspirit

angixspirit New Member

priority on the device

8. Netmask

Maybe use custom folder or priority save to custom folder, then the data is stored on the Zidoo which in theory should be faster to find.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2024