Z2000 still recommended?

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by stacksmasher, Mar 9, 2024.

1. stacksmasher

stacksmasher New Member

Hello all! New guy here and I came across a post about someone using their Z2000 to play ripped UHD Blu-Ray’s and the Dolby Vision performance was excellent!

So in doing research I came in here but see people posting nothing but issues with playback. Would you still recommend this device or is there something better out there?

2. tc2007

tc2007 Active Member

As far as playback, the Z9X Pro / Z2000 / UHD5000 are current models and they should all behave the same because the chipset is same. My Z9X Pro with latest firmware usually plays fine. There is only a movie or 2 which have some stuttering but the same movies have stuttering in my Apple TV too. I think it all comes down to how the files were ripped and encoded etc. Problematic files won't play, not Zidoo's problem.

3. stacksmasher

stacksmasher New Member

So all of those posts are issues with the files?

4. tc2007

tc2007 Active Member

All I know is my Zidoo plays almost all of my movies without issue. I had only 2-3 movies where it would not play it, stutter, or even crash. Sometimes HDMI settings or incorrect color / DV related settings would crash the playback. It all depends on your overall equipment chain, files etc. I think the Zidoo is just a cog in the machine.

You also have to realize that people will only post problems and rarely post anything good about their products. If things are going well, then it's normal. So nothing to post.

Best to buy a Zidoo from an authorized dealer or Amazon and try it for 30 days. If it doesn't work for you return it.

gymnos and stacksmasher like this.
  5. stacksmasher

stacksmasher New Member

Interesting. I am looking at some of these people who are complaining and you are right. They are not following established guidelines for creating content and modifying the data to try and get a smaller file size.