Tablet stops responding in Cast Mode

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by audio58, Feb 21, 2024.

1. audio58

audio58 Active Member

Hey anyone esle notice while using your Samsung tablet in Cast mode you seem to lose control of all functions on the screen. If I go back to just normal operation , Qobuz and my local network files works ok.
    There hasn't been a software update to tablet since Feb 5, but my tablet did just get Android 14.
    Not sure if that is related. DMP-A6 works fine other than this glitch I noticed this week in cast mode.

2. Jjb067

Jjb067 Active Member

I notice that the tablet Cast is a bit less responsive in the new android landscape mode compared to the previous portrait Cast. Presumably because the landscape mode has the Cast inside a page with other buttons and functionality to service. The only time I see this new landscape Cast failing is if I move from Cast to some other view like Artists and then switch back using the return or back screen function. Then the Cast is frozen at the state it was in when last viewed and does not update, all touchscreen functions now no longer operate. However if you come back to Cast view by pressing the Cast button on the left hand side menu, then all is well again.

3. audio58

audio58 Active Member

Ya, I reinstalled the ap since the tablet got upgraded to Android 14, now it seems ok. I'll give it a few days...no real big deal.

4. RTStream

RTStream Member

I find my iPad is 99 % more effective in maintaining connection over my iPhone. The iPhone looses connection rather often. So now I’ve bought a nice stand for the iPad and it sits on my side table. I use it most of the time now and not my phone.