Screensaver Off function

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by Aliaxandr, Feb 10, 2024.

1. Aliaxandr

Aliaxandr New Member

PLEASE MAKE OPTION TO TURN OFF SCREENSAVER

1piotr13 likes this.
  2. Bergholdt

Bergholdt Well-Known Member

I think you made your point. This has been discussed by some for a while.

Just set it to two hours and then activate it after two hours and it will be on for another two hours.

If you don’t want to get up from your chair or go into ‘cast mode’, just buy the cheap remote… It has a button to turn ON/OFF the screen…

3. Aliaxandr

Aliaxandr New Member

Hi . I have remote control and it’s no option to keep screensaver off, just on or off. That is not what I mean. It’s should be option to switch off screensaver or if activity continuously going on, then screensaver will not activated.

den16410 likes this.
  4. Bergholdt

I know what you ment. It has been wished for by others.

Maybe it will come and maybe not.

But pushing ONE button on the remote every two hours in probably not the biggest problem that needs to be fixed.

I get your point. But there must be other things that you would find more important to fix/implement?

5. Aliaxandr

Aliaxandr New Member

If it’s not problem for me to do it every 2 hours, why it’s big problem for manufacturer ?

Other thing, if you ask, I would to be able to control it from application on my iMac, but it’s not supported by older operation system. Why other manufacturers care about customers with older operation system (Bluesound for example)?

6. Bergholdt

Screensavers are ment to ‘save the screen’. If it is always on, it might ‘brake’ within warrenty.

Bluesound is part of NAD (I believe) who just turned 50 years old.

Eversolo has sold streamers for less than a year. If they don’t f… up too much, they might be able to outsell Bluesound in a few years. Just look at how far the software has come in less than a year. I don’t love all they do, but lets give them credit for getting to where they are in such a short time.

den16410 likes this.
  7. Aliaxandr

Aliaxandr New Member

I just asking to be able during always jumping from track to track or sourching for music to delay screensaver activation. It’s should be SCREENSAVER ON after 2 hours of no any activity from user. That time it’s fine with me and it’s correct way to safe screen. If you not manipulate with device, then screensaver activated after 2 hours, if you continuously browsing, then delay activation for some time.

Regarding software for older operating systems of computers, nothing to do with how long this company exist. It’s compatibility of software for all operating systems.

I have nothing against EverSolo, that is why I have DMP A6 Master and Bluesound Node 13o still.

8. For me the best way were if no screensaver while play or pause, when in any other mode to make it selectable for x mins, x hours or to disable completely.

den16410, TheGovnah and Aliaxandr like this.
  9. Aliaxandr

Aliaxandr New Member

I’m fully agree with you.