Network speed Z9X

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Thorbjörn Holmberg, Jan 16, 2024.

1. I have problem with my network speed. The only way I can test this is by checking the Internet speed. I am open to other methods. My connection to the network is a gigabyte and that shows as working. I still get stutters when unplayable video when it is over 75mbps. On my AppleTV I have 690mbps download and 630 mbps upload (1000/1000 line) and switching the cable to the Zidoo z9x I get 130mbps download and 3 mbps upload, yes, just 3. I do not think it is just the internet speed. I get stuttering picture sending UHD from my qnap server but this does not happen if I use the same cable connection to my HTPC/ AppleTV. What can I do?

2. 1. Oppo 205
    2. Apple TV
    3. Zidoo z9x

No one had problem with this? Or someone who solved it? Here is same Samba connection, same cable and same movie. One is with z9x and the other is with my Oppo 205. As you can see the z9x is stuttering like crazy and the Oppo is super slick. When I play the movie with USB on the Zidoo I have no problem. I also included AppleTv same movie, same cable.

3. NatX

NatX New Member

So I have had a similar issue as you, and when it does work, 1-2 hours into a huge movie (40-50gb) the movie would just cut and go back to the poster screen. Restarting the movie and jumping to the particular point would fix it for a bit, then after a while it would stop again. Quite irritating. At the end of the day, after all the testing, changing LAN cables, removing switches etc I ended up trying to fix this by buying the UHD3000 series due to the additional RAM (maybe allows for more buffer?) and copying everything into the local media on the UHD3000. A bit of a bummer, but I have had a flawless experience after that. Copying files is another pain as SMB seems to limit the transfer speed to something like 12 MB/s but I just leave it to run and go for a walk.

My Z9X pro sits downstairs now, and seems to work fine on other connections but I have yet to try a full length movie with it.

Never really got any solution to this, the common consensus is that the network part of it is hit and miss. Works under some situations but not for others, especially with regard to the samba server on the device itself. For what it's worth, I'm on a QNAP NAS as well but I doubt that is the issue here.

One thing: I have noticed that when the player is in sleep mode, the network connection goes to 100mbps instead of full gigabit connectivity. I wonder if this is renegotiated automatically but I have never checked. It technically should.

Thorbjörn Holmberg likes this.
  4. JaNoNeX

JaNoNeX New Member

I'm having the same issue but in my case it's always 100Mbps, I've tried changing cables (cat6), and ports, tested in other switches (TpLink Wifi 6e) and still I just get a 100mbps connection, and Also tried re-image and updating the firmware but no luck so far.

Thorbjörn Holmberg likes this.
  5. I still have this issues and nothing helps. Thinking of leaving Zidoo and go back to full HTPC.

6. NatX

NatX New Member

Actually let me try today and monitor it. You might be right, if it stays at 100mbps that would explain a lot of my issues.