Sideloading Sirius XM from APKpure has changed!

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by Dr. Audio, Feb 5, 2024.

1. Dr. Audio

Dr. Audio Member

I noticed this morning when using the Sirius XM on my phone, that there was a new version of the app (7.1.1) that has immensely improved its functionality. The full details are on the Apple App Store because I use iOS.
    I was used to using the short-cut of [IP Address:18888] which I learned from the great innovators on this site. But it did not work as expected. I then decided to remove the old version. Then when I repeated the process it downloaded an APKpure app to my app page! So I decided to try the “EAT ME” cookie and I was brought directly into the wonderland of the APKpure app store. Where, after answer all the questions and fighting the ad pop-ups, I was able to download Sirius XM directly to my app page. I went to APKpure and they do have an app for their store. A friend tried it on his A6 ME. He directly added the store app, the using the app searched for Sirius XM which downloaded immediately. Has anyone had a different experience, especially guru Bergholdt?

2. Bergholdt

Bergholdt Well-Known Member

:) Well, guru I’m not, but thx… remember, I just tried installing it. Never used it because it’s North America ONLY.

Not sure I understand what it is you did here.

Was the ‘Eat me’ inside the newly added Sirius app?

Maybe the app ‘knows’ that it came from APKpure and then ‘Eat Me’ sent you to their site!

Sorry, I’m unaware how that works. Sideloading (and Android apps in general) are not something I work with a lot :)

3. Dr. Audio

Dr. Audio Member

I am sorry. I forgot Sirius XM is geographically limited. But if you want to play…I tried on APKpure to download Sirius XM using IPaddress:18888. I thought I downloaded Sirius but when I checked the APP folder on A6, only the EAT ME was there (the APKpure App—So Sirous FM). I decided to eat it and went to their site on the A6. I found Sirius XM there and downloaded through the app on my A6! Another friend with an ME went to the APKpure site on his iPad, downloaded their APKpure app directly and used that on his unit to sideload Sirius XM. Neither of us could us the IPaddress:18888 any longer. But since there is no music payoff with this game for you, it might be a waste of time to play. But at least on APKpure, the shortcut may not work anymore. I hope this is clearer.

4. Bergholdt

IPaddress:18888 is the webserver of the Eversolo. So, it’s not on the internet, you are just seeing a website stored on the Eversolo that lets you install any apk file downloaded from any of the websites on the internet such as APKpure. IP addresses inside your home almost always start with 192.168.

If you used your iPad browser to visit APKpure, the downloaded app will be stored in your iPad’s ‘Archive’ (Arkiv in Danish - see image below).

You then go to IPaddress:18888 to install the downloaded apk file on your Eversolo.

So, if you started with IPaddress:188888 you would just have installed the apk file from APKpure that you downloaded last from APKpure. Therefore it would not have made any change to the Sirius XM app on your Eversolo.

First step is always finding the newest apk file from apkpure.net and downloading it, then going to IPaddress:18888 to install the newly downloaded apk file. Be aware that the old apk file is also still in you iPad’s archive, so make sure to choose the right one with the newest version number.

IMG_0337.jpeg

IMG_0338.jpeg

5. Dr. Audio

Dr. Audio Member

Since I am left-handed and right-brained, I did it backwards! But I did manage to find the updated app on A6-version of the Apkpure App anyway. I will certainly try it the right way if it ever comes up again. I will delete the APKpure app file. How come I cannot do this on the iPad? When I press the app nothing happens. I have to do it on the phone. Is my crazy brain acting up again or is this the way it is?

6. Bergholdt

https://support.apple.com/en-us/104953

It can be done inside the ‘Files’ app (if you don’t have it on your iPad it can be downloaded in the Apple App Store).

Looks like this on my Danish language iPad:

IMG_0339.jpeg

When you open it, you should see a menu on the left. Under ‘Favorites’ you should see ‘downloads’…

IMG_0340.jpeg

7. Dufferdan

Dufferdan New Member

So a related question. Finally opened up and am setting up my A6. Went to APK Pure and downloaded the latest version of SiriusXM,however the file format is .xapx, not APX...I get a chinese language warning when I try to load the xapx app via the bowser. I tried renaming it to .apx, but that didn't work. Any other suggestions? Many thanks in advance...

Edit to add, somehow, after rebooting, I went to apps, and it was there. No idea what I did

Last edited: Apr 20, 2024
  8. RTStream

RTStream New Member

I keep seeing a reference to“sideloading”. Being new to this whole streaming world may I ask what that means exactly?