Help!

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by Rockswings, Jan 18, 2024.

1. Rockswings

Rockswings New Member

Good Evening,

Just received my new DMP-A6. Set it up and followed the steps. So far so good. Connected to Internet. Connected to phone's Eversolo app.

Connected to powered monitors and selected XLR balanced output. So far so good.

I can see music played on both the Eversolo app and the DMP-A6. However, there is no sound. Tried streaming directly through Eversolo's streaming interface for Tidal, tried streaming through Tidal Connect. Both worked for a bit at some point, so I know my cables and connectors, and WiFi connection, and everything else works fine. It didn't at first. I don't remember what I did...powered off and on again, rebooted more than once. And then it just worked...from both Eversolo streaming interface, and Tidal Connect. Then it just stopped.

I have rebooted, powered down, reset several times, checked for updates, checked for firmware on their website.. There is still no sound despite seeing music being played. Eversolo doesn't have Chat, or a phone number. I sent an email.

Anyone have any trouble shooting advice?

Right now, I'm feeling like trying to set up a printer in 1998 - discouraged and dissapointed.

Please help.

2. EricR

EricR Member

Are you sure the speakers work?

3. Rockswings

Rockswings New Member

Yessir. Tested independently from the streamer via another source. Also tested streamer into the Aux 1 in of an integrated amp going into passive speakers. Nothing.

Earlier this afternoon, it all worked for about 30 minutes.

4. Dr. Audio

Dr. Audio Member

I know how you feel. It is such a let down. Can you use any other source than Tidal? Perhaps it is their issue.

5. Eki Shaw

Eki Shaw New Member Zidoo TECH Supporter

Hi, may I ask have you tested the digital output?

6. Eki Shaw

Eki Shaw New Member Zidoo TECH Supporter

I'm Eki from support team. I've also sent you a private message with my email. If there are any further updates, please feel free to email me directly. Thanks.

7. Rockswings

Rockswings New Member

Tried Amazon. Worked for a bit.

This morning I powered on the unit after switching the power off in the back of the unit overnight.

Turned it on after about eight hours, and now it's working. It did this intermittently yesterday.

With that, I know everything else works; speakers, cables, Internet connection, streaming service.

I will let the unit play for a while and switch back and forth between streaming services and operating the unit through the Eversolo interface on the unit, then their app, and then Tidal Connect.

Stay tuned. And thank you for reaching out.

=================
    Immediate update moments after replying: Well that didn't last for very long. Was skipping tracks via Eversolo's app on Tidal and doing good. Then switched to Tidal Connect...within moments, the sound sort of sputtered for a second or two and then stopped altogether. Rebooted again. Switched to Amazon...nothing.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2024
  8. Rockswings

Rockswings New Member

Hi Eki. Thanks for reaching out. I will report back via email and summarize what I'm experiencing. Cheers.

9. Dr. Audio

Dr. Audio Member

Have you tried a factory reset. I had to this with my unit when I first got it and it has worked fine since!

10. Rockswings

Rockswings New Member

Yes. Twice. Also uninstalled and reinstalled the Eversolo and Tidal apps. It all worked briefly this morning. Then it was out again. This all confirms my speakers and cables and everything else in the chain works fine. Also connected via Bluetooth as the source on the unit to my phone and Apple Music. That works. Switching back to the Streamer as a source, and silence. I have sent a full account to the nice person from Zidoo support that replied in this thread.