Z9X Pro not playing ISO will full menu

Discussion in 'General - Guides and FAQ' started by Jon R, Nov 26, 2023.

1. Jon R

Jon R New Member

I'm noticing on my new Z9X Pro that when I go to play a ISO with full menu, all I get is a black screen. I have tried several different ISO movie files and get the same results. Any idea why this is not working? I have the latest beta installed. Please advise, thanks.

Frostb!te likes this.
  2. Frostb!te

Frostb!te Member

Do you use ethernet or wifi?
    what kind of iso is it? dvd? blu ray? blu ray 4k?

3. Jon R

Jon R New Member

The Z9X Pro is connected directly by ethernet (no wifi). As far as what kind of ISO or BDMV file with full menu is played, I've gotten the black screen on both a regular Bluray and also UHD. Previously before I upgraded the firmware to the latest beta version, I noticed that when I selected a movie to play using the full menu, the movie would actually start for a few seconds, stop, go to a black screen and then go to the menu. This would happen 90% of the time......the other 10% it would just go to a black screen like it does now.
    Appreciate you helping me troubleshoot the issue

4. Frostb!te

Frostb!te Member

I did have some black menus on my Z9S, too. I was about to test this on my new Z9x Pro and some other player software on PC/Windows like Power DVD, VLC, too in the next days. Unfortunately, I made some other observations, which delays that a bit. I'll come back later here again. But I can only guess, too.
    One thing I do remember with one of the black menus: When I clicked the arrow buttons there was some kind of menu. It was able to move some white bar around. Probably the selected menu entry.

5. Jon R

Jon R New Member

Thanks again @Frostb!te for the response. I just was in my home theater and looked at it again and this time it seems to be working. No idea why it didn't previously. Yes you are correct about arrow button and a menu.....it shows "top menu", etc. But even when I would select the top menu, nothing happened and still had black screen.

6. Frostb!te

Frostb!te Member

@Jon R I just installed the newest beta firmware and also gave the iso/bdmv 1080p and 4K a try. All of menus of my 10 movies of this kind worked. There was just 1 movie with an issue before the menu was shown (a black screen with a white button I was able to toggle and select up and down. After pressing ok, the menu was shown, though).

Maybe you try the newest firmware and share your results?

7. Eurogame57

Eurogame57 New Member

hello, to play blu-ray DVDs, Blu Ray 4k. for the dvds you need annydvd to skip the blu ray protection and the 4k you need to have a fab dvd and the tool option. you must master an earlier version of the player look on youtube you will find