Z20 Pro & Kodi 20+

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Kurt7, Jan 12, 2024.

1. Kurt7

Kurt7 Member

Does anyone have any kodi version, 20 or higher, installed on the z20 pro?
    When I install it I can not find any HDDs, either locally or on a network.
    I can not add any addons either by downloading or by a zip file.
    No repositories at all will install as well because I cant even search for zip files
    Basically I cant do anything with it at all with it.

Is this all because of the TV version of android installed on the z20 pro?
    If so does anyone know of any workaround to get kodi 20 working?
    anything.. :)

18.9 is the latest kodi version I can get working on the z20 pro
    mixed results with vers 19

thanks

2. Szw

Szw Member

I have installed Kodi 20.2 on my Z20Pro. It works great. I integrated all of my HD's into Kodi without any problems. There's one more thing you have to keep in mind. The integration takes place via Samba.

3. Szw

Szw Member

Anything else. I can install and use all of my addons from reps.
    Do you have Kodi 32 bit or 64 bit installed? There are problems with 64 bit on Android.

4. DennisTheMenace

DennisTheMenace Active Member

Install this, it is zidoos f8rk of kodi 20.2
    http://apidl.zidoo.tv/app/zdmc-20.2_rtk.apk

With this version you can see your usb drives

5. Kurt7

Kurt7 Member

thanks, that worked. I can see the USB hdd now but still not the kodi repository
    Can I not see the kodi repository because this is basically a fork version?
    thanks

6. Kurt7

Kurt7 Member

I have the 32 bit version installed.
    Can you explain more on the SAMBA.

I can not connect at all, it reads the name of my computer, but thats it. When I click on it I get a unsupported error.
    18.9 and below versions of kodi I can connect to samba and see all my shared folders (on OSX 10.14.6).

also with With 20+ kodi
    I can not connect to the kodi repository
    I can not add zip repositories or addons

Right now I am still experimenting on my z10 pro box with kodi 20

On my z20 pro box I have 18.9 installed, with all my plugins I need and the Titan vanilla skin that I want to use.
    What I want to do is update all that to a 20+ version of kodi, but I cant get version 20 to work correctly on the z10 pro.

Before I put 18.9 on the z20, I experimented a bit with kodi 20+ versions but remember all the same errors and problems that I am getting now on the z10 pro.
    I'd like to at least get to the point where I can install some addons from the kodi repository, but I cant even do that.

I have also tried some kodi fork builds (all bases off kodi 20+ versions) on the z10 and am still getting basically the same errors

thanks

7. DennisTheMenace

What repository? The original repository are here in my zdmc 20.2 version. I don't know what's going on.
    Or do you mean installing other repository don't work ?
    Go to the Android App settings to zdmc and set the App permissions of files and media to "Allow all the time"
    Maybe that helps.
    That's the only thing I can think of

8. Kurt7

Kurt7 Member

I double checked the settings for ZDMC and they are set to always allow.

As soon as I click on repositories, I get the message 'could not connect to repository'
    I get this same message with any 20 version of kodi or forks as well.
    18.9 I have no problem with.

9. jettthasan

jettthasan New Member

When kodi and zdmc do not have repository access; what I normally do is: zdmc-kodi exit and log in again then repository access (if the repositories are installed correctly when installing from source)

10. DennisTheMenace

Maybe a stupid question, but do you have the latest firmware 1.0.75 installed?

11. jettthasan

jettthasan New Member

no I am using 1.0.52

12. Kurt7

Kurt7 Member

I am using 1.0.65

Other things I have tried...
    kodi 32 bit
    I have also set the zidoo box apps settings to always allow file access (allow all the time).
    I have developer options enabled
    Kodi 20 or above = No permission to see local HDD's and can not access my home network (so I cant see any HDDs there either)
    Tried various HDD formats just in case (fat32, ext, OSX journaled, I think I tried ntfs as well)
    If a HDD is plugged into the zidoo, I can see it but it is somewhat greyed out in kodi, no permission to access it.
    I have tried various kodi 20+ builds and a couple different kodi forks 20+ builds as well (troypoint and 709 I think its called)
    Always the same thing, no access to network or HDDs.

With the zdmc build DTM linked to above (20.2), I can see the local HDDs, but no network and cant install any addons via zip or repository

I have no idea whats going on, I am beginning to wonder if it is the 1.0.65 build I have on the zidoo

13. Kurt7

Kurt7 Member

What do you mean the integration takes place via SAMBA?

In the SAMBA file access within kodi 20+ builds I can see my computer network (OSX), but I can not access it
    I can access it fine, and all shared HDDs/folders with kodi 18.9 and below builds.

14. Kurt7

Kurt7 Member

Also, what build do you have on the zidoo?

thanks