BBC SOUNDS app needs update

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by Rosters, Jan 12, 2024.

1. Rosters

Rosters New Member

I tried to use the BBC Sounds app today but it said the app was out of date and needed to be updated
    There was an update icon but nothing happened when I selected it.

2. Arcticpollen

Arcticpollen Active Member

This happened once before when the bundled BBC Sounds app dropped out of support with the BBC.

@mirror - can we get this fixed again please? I use BBC Sounds all the time.

3. João Laranjo

João Laranjo New Member

Try to get the apk, and install it.

4. Arcticpollen

Arcticpollen Active Member

Last time this happened, Eversolo updated the source version that they "approve" and it updated itself. I'm not keen on having a spare version installed by sideloading the APK when it's one of the product's core streaming services.

Fergus, Desmodromic and Inti like this.
  5. Desmodromic

Desmodromic Member

The BBC Sounds update problem has been fixed by Eversolo.

If you go to into the streaming section on the unit, you can scroll down to the various pre-installed apps. The BBC Sounds button has a red dot on the top corner - this indicates that it is ready for an update. Simply tap on that button, and the app will update for you. That's exactly the process they used last time the BBC Sounds app required an update.

I'm currently listening to BBC Radio 6 and all is well.

The Moog, Fergus and doctorf like this.
  6. Rosters

Rosters New Member

Thanks for that info

7. 0Kevin

0Kevin New Member

I just got my Eversolo A8 and I followed the instructions above but here was no "The BBC Sounds" app in the Streaming section ? I am using the lastest firmware.
    If I side load the BBC Sounds APK I am assuming that this will end up in the APPS folder . Please advise where or how I find the BBC sounds APP.

8. Fergus

Fergus Active Member

You might do better on the A8 forum, though I’d imagine it will be pretty similar.

9. Bergholdt

Bergholdt Well-Known Member

On the A8 front screen choose ‘Streaming’ and scroll down to music apps.

You will see all the available apps there and have to install the apps of your choice (by clicking on them) before they show up under ‘Apps’.

IMG_0291.png

Nutul likes this.
  10. robj

robj New Member

on the DMP-A6 there is not even a section music apps under streaming, so can't install BBC sounds, on 1.250

11. robj

robj New Member

ah ok, it's just not on the android app, but done it from the front panel, all is well....

12. Cee Jay

Cee Jay New Member

New A6 owner here, so still working out the functionality. Couple of questions re: BBC Sounds app

1. Why is there no BBC Sounds icon within the Eversolo app on my Android phone whilst it is installed on the A6 (front panel)
    2. Are there instructions available for 'sideloading' other APKs, I'm thinking Bandcamp as I have a number of music files with them Id like to access. Cheers

13. robj

robj New Member

yes I just asked that above, weird isn't it? I only found it by accident when looking at the panel on the front of the unit. I have the remote as well & that doesn't help much either. Good thing is it surely must be just a sw. update