Internal hdd

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by 2cows, Jan 10, 2024.

1. 2cows

2cows New Member

I apologise if this has been brought up elsewhere, but i haven't been able to find an answer. I have just bought a 16tb hdd for the internal bay of my z2600. Can the Zidoo format this drive for use or will i have to format before i can use it in the machine. Thanks in advance.

2. jt5298

jt5298 Member

I might be speaking out of turn, but as I understand the Zidoo will not format your hardrive. I bought a 16TB hardrive and also bought a docking station to format it. The process was very simple, took about 5 minutes. I haven't received my Z2000 yet, but I'm sure it will work.

3. Simon Belmont

Simon Belmont Member

I have the Seagate Exos X18 16TB for my Zidoo Z2000 Pro. Amazing hdd and super quiet. I've always bought WD for years, but after a few failures and noise I would never buy them again. just my personal opinion

4. jt5298

jt5298 Member

Wish I would have seen this berore I bought mine. I got a WD Red Pro 16TB NAS HDD. Hopefully it works okay without issue. It's a little noisy when in the docking station, but I hope not too much in my bay. If so I will just have to crank the sound on my movies:)

5. 2cows

2cows New Member

Same here

6. jt5298

jt5298 Member

Do you have a docking station?
    This is a video I watched that showed how to format with a docking station, and linked a docking station on Amazon $28.99.

7. 2cows

2cows New Member

It looks like the docking station is the best way to go. I'll have to get one, thanks for your reply.

jt5298 likes this.
  8. fab95cerg

fab95cerg New Member

Hello,
    like you, I have a Seagate Exos 18 in 16TB. It works well. But it disrupts wifi reception. When I remove it, I no longer have connection problems. I tried with another hard drive, the wifi works correctly. Can you tell me if you are having wifi problems with your Seagate?
    thank's

9. Simon Belmont

Simon Belmont Member

No problems at all. I have everything in wifi and never had a issue. It must be your internet connection. Something doesn't seem right? That shouldn't happen.

10. fab95cerg

fab95cerg New Member

I don't know why I'm having problems with this hard drive model...