Volume control issue

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by Gary B, Nov 26, 2023.

1. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

What is your source? Maybe your phone via Bluetooth?

2. loni_zg

loni_zg New Member

My source is streaming Air play with Mac and iPad, volume has same behaviour with Bluray optical input. I never seen such volume implementation where you start to hear something at 40% of volume scale, if you look at default volume position after boot it is around 45% of scale (it looks like they know it starts late). That is definitely not normal or not standard volume operation.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2024
  3. Remik

Remik Member

nie jest do 40%, ale -40dB

the digital volume control works perfectly properly

4. loni_zg

loni_zg New Member

I own two WiiM streamers and Argon Solo streamer, volume works better there and is more practical in use.
    Sorry, but where is that gone? :)
    "Fully Balanced Preamp Circuit - DMP-A6 analog circuit adopts fully balanced design from DAC chip to the XLR and RCA stereo
    output." (from Eversolo web page)

5. Remik

Remik Member

you completely do not understand what you are writing about and you do not understand how the A6 digital potentiometer works properly. If you don't like it, sell the A6 because there will be no other way to change the volume

6. loni_zg

loni_zg New Member

I understand how it works and I am not the only one who doesn't like it, but maybe is something lost in translation since I see you use "Google translate". There is no need to be rude from your side, maybe it is better to learn English more so you can communicate better.

7. Remik

Remik Member

Or maybe we will talk in Polish and then you will understand technical issues better

8. sfyalek

sfyalek New Member

Hello. When I lower the volume of my Hisence tv with my new Fios One remote , it opens the television's "Picture Mode" function on the screen. The only way to get rid of it is to use the back button on the Hisence remote. I can not get rid of this with the Fios remote. I linked another Fios One remote and it does the same thing. Any suggestions? It still lowers the volume but 1/3 of my screen is covered by the tv's picture mode options.

9. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

I do not know neither the remote, nor the TV, nor the working innards of the thing, but as it does still lower the volume, to me it looks like it is sending 2 commands to the TV: lower-volume AND open-picture-mode...
    Is it preconfigured, or did you add/edit some config?
    Maybe the commands are defined in sequence in a sort of text file, and the command for the volume is not properly terminated, and results in chaining the command after it - which could well be open-picture-mode... Just thinking out loud here, but still meakes some sense to me.

10. loni_zg

loni_zg New Member

One thing I noticed regarding volume. When I stream with Air play volume is little lover (at same position) then when I use Apple Music app in Eversolo. Is this maybe because of different signal path?

11. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

it should be because your phone also is responsible for the volume; and you should keep it to MAX, leaving its control to the Eversolo only.

12. loni_zg

loni_zg New Member

When I connect with Airplay iPad/iPhone volume act as "one". If I push slider up on iPad volume goes up on DMP A6, when I lover volume on DMP A6 , slider goes down on iPad. There is probably another reason for slight difference in volume levels/same position. To be even more interesting ... when you push volume up with remote during Airplay, it step back few db after you stop. That is not happening when you use Apple Music app in DMP A6.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2024
  13. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

I don't know the single apps, but I am thinking of how many volume controls there might be:
    1. the main A6 volume knob
    2. the volume slider on the iphone/ipad
    3. (possibly) a volume slider in the apple music app?

I suppose the two volume controls that "work together" are 1 and 2, so if there is the 3, try that to be always at MAX. Other than this it could simply be the streaming is at lower dB level; and this can be.
    To have a bigger picture you should check with local files, AppleMusic, and also different streaming services. Ideally with the same track - but this of course is more difficult to achieve.

14. loni_zg

loni_zg New Member

The volume slider in iOS control app and volume slider in iOS Apple Music app is the same volume, just accessible in two places in iPad/iPhone.
    They are fully correlated...in sync, you can easily check :)

15. Joao Correa

Joao Correa New Member

Hi ! I have the very same problem. Connecting directly to Quad 909 (2x150w) or to a tubs Radford STA 25 I have to go up until +- 30 db to have a decent sound volume. With pre-amps the sound is amazing.
    I’m going yet to try with SUMO FIVE pure classe A, 2x60w) to see.
    I have no idea which is the sensibility of the amps.
    But I can say that when I listened in the dealer there was a powerful sound with the the amp they used. I’m going to ask them.

16. Joao Correa

Joao Correa New Member

Well, as far as I could find Quad input sensivity is 0.775 v./8 ohms
    Radford is 0,5 /8 ohms….

17. loni_zg

loni_zg New Member

Right, I don't understand why they set scale in that way. With other streamers you can easy drive amp loud with 50% volume. It would be nice to hear from Eversolo support what is the case, I hope they read this thread.