Z9X Pro shuts off after idle period

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by gomno, Dec 25, 2023.

1. gomno

gomno New Member

I have a Z9X and a Z9X Pro. The Z9X I keep switched on all the time, and it stays on no matter how long it is idle.

This is not the case with the Z9X Pro. I always keep this switched on but after an idle period of a day or so, it shuts off and my TV shows "no signal." It is not connected directly to the TV but to my Denon receiver. CEC is shut off on the Z9X pro, my LG C8, and the receiver. Also I have not set the unit to shut down after any period of time.

If I use the switch on the back of the unit to turn it off and on, it turns on again and appears to be rebooting.

Would like to fix this issue, it is becoming a hassle. Any help would be appreciated.

2. gomno

gomno New Member

After several days the Z9X shut down with the red light displayed. I was able to bring it back to life with the flash procedure, but the following day it shut down again and the red light reappeared. I repeated the flash procedure and since then it has been working (for 2 days now) and has not shut off like it was doing before the red light appeared. Hopefully all is fixed now.

3. dr4go

dr4go Member

I just wanted to mention that I had a similar problem with my Z9X Pro running the v1.0.65 after the holiday's return to home.

When rebooting / trying to reboot the box even mentioned a "data is corrupted" error message, which - thank god - didn't re-appear after manually hitting the "reboot" option in Android's recovery screen.

Tonight I'll update with the v1.0.75 and hope that afterwards those problems won't re-appear.
    (Also previously no problem with my old Z9X non-pro.)