Audio no longer goes via HDMI

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by toshu, Jan 1, 2024.

Tags:
  1. toshu

toshu Member

Happy New year folks.

Last night I tried to watch a movie on my Z9X and was not able to get any audio out to my Anthem receiver via the HDMI connection. I tried playing videos that were connected locally via USB HDD as well as a Plex server on my network. Anthem read No Signal on screen as soon as file was brought up.
    I didnt change anything on my Anthem. I looked at Setting>Audio>HDMI, and it was set to Auto. I tried the 2 other options without any success. I powered down and rebooted the Z9X everytime I made a change and even did the Anthem 2x to be sure. Could not even get 2 channel audio out via HDMI.

Any help or wisdom would be appreciated.

2. JohnG

JohnG Member

Here's a couple of things to troubleshoot: 1. Try changing the HDMI cable from the Zidoo to the Anthem. 2. Try another (verified) source (Disc player, Roku, etc) to make certain the Anthem is properly passing through Audio & Video. 3. Attach the Zidoo to another Display via HDMI and confirm that both Audio & Video are working properly. 4. If you Anthem has another HDMI input, try using that for the Zidoo and verify that Audio & Video are working. There may be other options within the Anthem, but I'm a Denon/Yamaha guy and not up to speed on Anthem's options. Please post back with your results. Good Luck!