There are no peers found with Transmission in Private Tracker mode.

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by dahongying, Feb 20, 2017.

1. dahongying

dahongying New Member

Hello everyone, my Built-in BitTorrent serve is seem to work well, because a torrent from public network is running normally, with the download speed is fast and stable. But when I upload a Private Tracker torrent seed, my transmission web show it is downloading, but there is no speed at all and the the number of connected seed and user is zero.

How can I do? Can somebody help me to solve it?

Thanks a lot.

2. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

Also happens to me,Depending on the private tracker, and the port for announcement(8880 in my case), you get 0 peers, on port80 or 8080 works just fine.
    You can try with aria2. It will work there. I did update transmission to latest. but problem still there. i'm still investigating ( p.s. personal investigation, don't work for zidoo )

p.s. can you tell me what port is the announcer on ?

3. dahongying

dahongying New Member

Hi, HaoSs, Thank for your explain, I'll try aria2 later.
    My transmission port is 51413(default), and when I test this port, it show me "Can't not connect".

4. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

yes. thats the transmission port ( for connecting to peers ) i'm taling about the announcer port ( that's on the announcer link from the tracker, that tell's you the peers for the torrent ) should be a http link under torrent info/trackers

5. dahongying

dahongying New Member

Oh, I see. What's your talking about "the announcer port", I think it should be 443(i have seen the number in transmission web before), I'm not sure because I'm in office now, while my X9s in home.

6. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

I.m at work to. But I setup transmission to work remotely . Anyway. Tell me when you get home.

7. dahongying

dahongying New Member

Hi, HaoSs, I think the announcer port is 443. Attach a screenshot of my Tr web interface.

Attached Files:

8. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

yah. its 443. you have a router ? try to open port 443 and test again. this may help me figuring out the problem and talk with zidoo for a fix

9. dahongying

dahongying New Member

Well, it's complicated. In short, there is no way for me to open port of a router, because I have no permission. So if I have to wait for the firmware upgrade?

10. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

Unless I find something concrete with openwrt and post. No firmware will fix this

11. dahongying

dahongying New Member

Hi, HaoSs, once again I attach a screenshot of my transmission for mac(V2.92) downloading interface, and it's in the same router that we talked about yesterday. As you can see, it works fine. So, I don't think my router doesn't open port 443.

屏幕快照 2017-02-21 下午8.02.14.png

12. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

Sometimes port forwarding does not work properly I had to manually open it for openwrt to work. That's the option that opens the port on your router on windows. But even with firewall removes from openwrt. And port off on router. Still no connection.

13. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

Still testing stuff. But I'm getting out of ideas.

14. dahongying

dahongying New Member

Okay, I will try with aria2. Anyway, thank you very much!

15. dahongying

dahongying New Member

Hi, HaoSs, finally, I found that when I download a private tracker torrent in the mode of HTTP, the transmission works very well with that torrent, but with a torrent downloaded in the mode of HTTPS, the transmission still has no speed at all. So I think the reason is HTTP/HTTPS. Do you have any idea to solve it?

16. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

i have a tracker that's privat using http://name.com:80 , and it still does not work.

17. dahongying

dahongying New Member

Sorry, I must change my view. After testing my several PT websites, I think there is nothing to do with HTTP or HTTPS, because one of my PT webisetes can work well in both of HTTP or HTTPS.

18. xkyo

xkyo New Member

is this problem resolved?

19. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

20. xkyo

xkyo New Member

problem is resolved by setting port forward in router