Kodi 17.0 seems working fine

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by blackbearita, Feb 18, 2017.

1. blackbearita

blackbearita New Member

Hi, Very new to Zidoo. just installed the new Kodi version directly from the store. I was able to install few video Add-On and so far all works ok.
    is there a reason why by default there is ZDMC ?

2. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

passtrough only work with zdmc atm

3. wolfrick

wolfrick Member

then listen dd5.1....

4. saji

saji New Member

Have u tested passthrough with Kodi 17 ?

5. blackbearita

blackbearita New Member

No I did not ... honestly I do not even know what it is ..... :( As said basic stuff works.

6. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

If you do not understand passthrough and all you need is basic stuff, you could have bought a much cheaper Kodi 17 machine than the Zidoo.
    Basically HD audio bitstreaming will not work on the Zidoo with Kodi 17 unless there is:
    a) Android hacks applied which will require a ZDMC rebrand or,
    b) Upgrade to Android 7 to support the official Android api.

VICKY Koh likes this.
  7. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

well usually with this Chinese boxes. if you want specific performance. You go for a better model . So x9s for 1080p is not actualy overkill. especially when you also consider openwrt.

8. juok

juok New Member

I had a problem with sound lag, but I put 3.0 channel and lags stopped.
    I'm using old HD TV.

9. transel

transel New Member

Hello everyone, I’ve tried to install Kodi 17 64 bit version for Android (ARMv8A) without success. I've downloaded this version from Kodi's main site. I thought Zidoo X9S is a 64 bit box so wondering why it doesn't work. Anyone else?

10. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

Wrong.
    ARM 32 bit...
    Another that don't read the whole forum... :p

11. Sarco

Sarco Active Member Beta test group

Sorry, the processor is 64bit but zidoo android is running 32bit.

12. PacoRabanne

Anyway, I'd installed Kodi from playstore, and automatically was and is the right version (ARM 32).
    The problem was when the playstore version was still Kodi 16 but someone liked to try the unreleased 17 version. Now is released, and playstore installs the 17.
    At least this happens to me.

13. Sarco

Sarco Active Member Beta test group

For shure it will be 32 bit, android on zidoo is 32 bit but processor is 64 bit. Arm 32 is use like x86 if even if you have 64 bit processor but 32 bit OS. (I am so tire of those nut)

14. transel

transel New Member

I’ve read the forum before posting and didn’t find an answer otherwise I wouldn’t bother you. Btw, I don’t simply download from playstore without having first a look for a better option at developers’ site. Whatever, X9S OS is 32 bit so you can’t take advantage of 64 bit CPU. Don’t get fooled by Zidoo’s advertisements praising 64 bit CPU! It’s a pity! this box could do better with a suitable OS, would be nice Zidoo to explain why 32 bit instead of 64 bit.

15. PacoRabanne

transel, I agree, is not easy to find some things on this forum, indeed the "more then 3 characters" search terms limit is almost always present on all the forums engines I've seen.
    This is the reason I often use Google Search and some Google tricks to do a easier and better search.

Anyway, I'm sorry, but after some month of frequent forum posts reading, I'm irritated by lazy people that asks the same questions without doing some search before. Maybe you're not!

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017