Zidoo Z9X and UHD iso menu

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by badboyxx, Nov 27, 2023.

1. badboyxx

badboyxx Member

Hello guys,

Since a few days I have a 4K TV. I created an untouched UHD iso for a test. I recognized that I don't have the option to start it with menu, it starts only with the movie. Does Zidoo not support a UHD menu? Why can be a DVD or a BD started with a menu?
    Maybe someone knows a workaround?

2. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

Most likely copyright considerations.

3. badboyxx

badboyxx Member

So does Zidoo support UHD iso with menu? Should there even be a BD menu icon in HT when a file has a copyright protection?

4. Netmask

Others may have a fuller knowledge but my understanding is DVD menu's have long been available but BD/UHD are heavily copyrighted and have been litigated in the US. The assumption on say mkv and mp4 files etc is the owner owns and has in his or her possession the original disc. Zidoo wrote their own code for BD menu's, not a 100% reliable in my experience. I don't bother with ISO files or menu's.

5. Netmask

My workaround is I only rip to mkv the main movie and very occasionally an interesting extra as a separate file. For me ISO's are too bothersome.

6. badboyxx

badboyxx Member

BD iso menu without a copy protection is definitely working but I couldn't get a UHD iso working with menu.

7. Netmask

I’m talking about copyright ownership of the coding and not any protection that might be in the disc. Companies that want to include code in their firmware need legal permission and a contract deal. So maybe Zidoo have written their own code for BD and not for UHD. I would suspect it’s pretty low on their priorities at the moment. Part of any deal that simply duplicated what a dvd, bd or uhd stand alone player does, Zidoo would have to incorporate all types of restrictions including cinivia.

8. badboyxx

badboyxx Member

Ok now I understand.

9. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

I got bunch of UHD ISOs, menus work just fine so something wrong with your unit. Turn it into a BDMV folder, see what happens.

10. badboyxx

badboyxx Member

I tried to start the movie in Media Center. There I have the option to start it with BD menu but it hangs at startup. I see only the rotating circle and nothing happens, the movie itself does not start.