How about a new App for rooting 1619BPD players ?

Discussion in 'General Development' started by tom.58, Nov 18, 2023.

1. tom.58

tom.58 New Member

To all of you Zidoo developers... will you please think about a new App for rooting the 1619BPD devices ! You made that wonderful App onekeyroot for your RTD1296 players, but since you offered 1619DR players, rooting was dangerous and not supported by Zidoo and I had to return my brand new Z1000 Pro. Now it's the new 1619BPD in your latest devices and again I am afraid that it will be of no use for me because it cannot be rooted .
    So PLEASE think about a new app for rooting your devices if possible !
    THANK YOU !

2. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

What are your use cases that you need a rooted device?

3. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

I've successfully bricked a Z9X playing around with Magisk. I've tried everything but it didn't booted anymore and I've had to replace it.

4. tom.58

tom.58 New Member

Hi McBluna,

I know that Magisk is a bit like hell for Zidoo devices... I took my hands off it before I could brick a Z1000 pro ;-)
    In the past I rooted my Zidoos e.g. for XBMC-Wrapper, which is neccessary to run Kodi with a system player.
    Yes I know, there is ZBMC...... but I also have Kodi on other devices like FireTV.

5. Trgomes

Trgomes New Member

I'm also very interested because I would like to install some apps that zidoo blocks and doesn't install. Another thing that bothers me is some apps that are installed but don't create a shortcut next to the others, I need to use an explorer to access them.

Unlocking is sorely needed.

please McBluna create for us!

6. nc88keyz

nc88keyz Active Member

Just install another home launcher if you need all that such as ATV launcher or Projectivity Launcher. Both are excellent , and will enhance your Zidoo experience. I don't see Zidoo providing root, when they are licensed with Roon, Plex and other partners.