Dropping internet repeatedly since update V1.2.12

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by G. Smith, Oct 21, 2023.

1. G. Smith

G. Smith New Member

All has been OK with the DMP-A6 until the new uodate V1.2.12

I am now getting repeated loss of internet connection on wifi that needs a reboot to reconnect.

Was all OK on V1.2.10 as I used it all yesteday afternoon and evening listening to Radio Paradise and Spotify with no issues.

Today 3 drops in 15 minutes.

It's definitely a problem with DMP-A6 as it becomes lost to the Spotify app via wifi on my mobile, and all other wifi devices are working OK (mobile phone and Wiim Pro streamer).

Anyone else having wifi issues with V1.2.12?

2. audio58

audio58 Active Member

is this another beta..or a real update? I just checked mine and it says 1.2.10 is the latest. I'll check it again tomorrow.

3. G. Smith

G. Smith New Member

A real update not a beta or via download and USB.
    It appeared last night but I didn't install it until this motning when it asked on powet up.

4. Peter Wallop

Peter Wallop Active Member

No issues with mine. When I did experience a similar problem, it turned out that it was down to my provider (Sky) that had fallen over in London/SE but, confusingly, not all internet functionality was lost (some was fine). It may be worth checking your provider on Downdetector.

5. Mikeleesh

Mikeleesh New Member

Just updated and experienced the same problem. Connection keeps dropping..sigh

6. G. Smith

G. Smith New Member

I have used the DMP-A6 again for a lot of the day so may have been an issue elsewhere.
    I think it may be the Paradise Radio app that could have been an issue as I used Spotify a lot today with no issues.
    I will use Paradise Radio again tomorrow and report back.

7. João Laranjo

João Laranjo New Member

Updated yesterday at 20h and everything it is ok. Lisbon

8. MuadDib

MuadDib New Member

I also updated to v 1.2.12 but it is the unofficial version.
    In the DMP-A6 update options there are 2 options to update the official and beta versions you can tick or uncheck if you only want the official version. And as for v 1.2.12 so far there are no problems, I am just looking for what this update brings I only found a link to this update but no information.
    163137.jpg

9. Carlos Lima

Carlos Lima New Member

this latest firmware fixes a big bug with DSD files (all stereo DSDs).
    now all DSD files are played without problems.

Nutul and MuadDib like this.
  10. MuadDib

MuadDib New Member

11. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

The fact you enabled beta versions to be installed doesn't mean you get the beta version of the official (in this case 1.2.12 is the official) release.
    It just means that, if tomorrow there is a 1.2.13 BETA you'll see it as available, while other people not having the option enabled, won't...