UHD5000 and Roon

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by DrGiga2015, Oct 15, 2023.

Tags:
  1. DrGiga2015

DrGiga2015 New Member

Hi,
    I am using Roon with Bluesound node 2 and I am very satisfied. However, recently I got a Zidoo UHD5000. I configured the roon to recognize UHD5000 as an end point.
    My question is how can I put my Zidoo player in a state to be able to play roon through its DAC.
    If I use music player in Zidoo, I just can play only music files that I have in NAS.
    I would appreciate if you let me know, in which configuration UHD5000 to be to play roon
    Thanks

2. tc2007

tc2007 Active Member

In settings there should be an option to use the Internal DAC. Also you can assign one of the shortcut (colored) buttons on the remote to switch the DAC modes from Internal / USB / Off. There is an app on the UHD5000 to assign functions to the buttons.

3. nhtdm

nhtdm Member

Zidoo dumped the UHD5000 or what. They only worked on EverSolo DMP-A6 firmware. Very disappointed !

Last edited: Oct 16, 2023
  4. DrGiga2015

DrGiga2015 New Member

Thank you Tc2007, now I can change the DAC setting with short cut.
    However, I still can not play from Roon to my UHD5000.
    In Roon setting I see that Roon is connected to UHD5000 by apple airplay with two different connections. However, it shows Zidoo as an Apple TV. On roon I can choose a song and choose player UHD5000 and I see in my phone that Roon is playing on UHD5000. However, I do not see or hear anything from UHD 5000.
    My UHD500 firmware is V 1.052_G
    My AVR receiver is Marantz Cinema 40
    I am very disappointed, with UHD5000 so far, I bought this specific player ,more expensive than Z9 because of much better DAC on it, but now I can not use it at all for playing music from Roon
    Zidoo mentioned that the UHD5000 is capable of streaming, but I can not stream anything except files I have in my NAS. I installed Tidal, but when I try to run this app nothing happens. I also installed Amazon prime that app disappeared
    I admit that some of my frustration is due to lack of my knowledge about Zidoo players, but I do expect after paying more than $1000 for a media player, yet I have such a difficult time to get simple tasks done.
    I really appreciate your help to get this player work with Roon.
    Thanks

5. nhtdm

nhtdm Member

I don't think it will ever happen for Roon to play on UHD5000. They will never support because it is not intend to make for it. You have to buy different product line. I have UHD5000 and CXN V2 (this baby will have more than all you needs)

6. DrGiga2015

DrGiga2015 New Member

I managed to get it work by Roon using Apple airplay. however, Airplay limits signal to 44.1 KHz (CD quality). which is useless for high resolution audio file. Therefore I plan to use a mini PC as a endpoint and USB connection to UHD5000.
    Here is setting for Zidoo for the Airplay. in DAC setting choose internal player. In Bluetooth menu in UHD5000, Connect Zidoo to your phone by blue tooth. Now run Roon ARC from your phone and in Airplay menu in Roon ARC use Zidoo UHD5000 for playing music.
    I have contacted support and hopefully, I will get an answer, h ow to use Roon with UHD 5000!