UHD5000 no sound for UHD mkv movies with dolby 7.1

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by DrGiga2015, Oct 12, 2023.

1. DrGiga2015

DrGiga2015 New Member

Hi,
    I am rather new to Zidoo players. I got a UHD5000 player. It is connected to a Marantz Cinema 40 AV amplifier. I can play mkv movies when sound format is 5.1. however, for mkv movies with Sound format of 7.1 , I get few second sound and then there is no sound. video plays normal.
    I have chosen pass through for HDMI setting
    I can play mkv movies with 7.1 sound by my computer through power dvd .
    I would appreciate if you help me to resolve this issue.

2. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

best guess itll be one of the audio settings
    ie choose raw

also ,turn volume to max using the zidoo remote
    depending on how audio settings are , it can default to zero volume when using the hi ress type audio files
    ( ie depends on whether you choose audio output to follow device or amp ,not at tv to check exactly which it is , but when no audio out for certain files only ,its always cos zidoos using default zero audio output level)

3. dr4go

dr4go Member

A recommendation to you both: Use volume direct mode. That way you don't suffer from the "zero volume problem".

4. DrGiga2015

DrGiga2015 New Member

Thank you for reply. I put the DAC to off and HDMI to Main+ Audio. Then I put the HDMI audio to raw.
    Now I can play AAC 7.1 (48KHz), but I still cannot play AAC (96.0 KHz). Any further advice?