Controlling DMP-A6 from Laptop

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by cpgny9, Aug 31, 2023.

1. cpgny9

cpgny9 New Member

HI
    I have been trying to find a way to control my A6 from my laptop with no luck. Taking Roon out of the equation, are there any other options? Prior to the A6, I was using Volumio on a Pi and in addition to the mobile app, the option to access the interface through a web browser was great and something I used often while working from home - but I do not see this option with the A6. I have tried setting up my laptop (surface laptop) to run android apps, but none of the programs work - apparently they only work with windows Pro, which I do not have.
    Any other options available?

2. Roy N

Roy N New Member

I use Bluestacks on Win 10 with the Eversolo app. Just type in the IP address to connect the app to the DMP-A6 and away you go.

3. cpgny9

cpgny9 New Member

Thanks! I had tried that previously, but was unable to get it to work. The program would startup and go into a loop stating that it had to change windows settings. But after some digging, i was able to find a reddit post of someone running into the same problem - the answer . . .. run in as administrator. I was able to reinstall and what do you know, it worked running as administrator. Pretty nice in full screen cast mode.
    Thanks again

4. Roy N

Roy N New Member

Cheers. Sigh, the old windows admin snag. Can't remember all of the times that irritated me.... and that's going all the way back to Win 98. Geez... Microsoft.
    Glad it's working.

5. I do he same - Win10, Bluestacks, Eversolo app

6. Dame

Dame New Member

Windows 11 > Windows subsystem for Android > Eversolo android app. Works flawlessly minus the blurry video stream and the need to oddly size the window, but its better than nothing!

7. Curious as to where you downloaded the control apk from? I don't find it in the Amazon store.

8. Dame

Dame New Member

See my post related to app store: //forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/skip-sideloading-and-install-an-app-store.96463/

You would basically install this on your windows machine instead of the Eversolo. Then you can download the EverSolo App.

Seems this is also available directly from Eversolo: eversolo.com/Support/release_apk.html

Last edited: Sep 3, 2023
    Robert Crawford likes this.
  9. Mjay71

Mjay71 Member

is there a way to install the app on an older MacBook Pro? The newer ones allow mobile downloads from App Store but the older ones do not directly so I was hoping there may be a workaround.

10. kc001

kc001 Active Member

How did you connect to the A6?
    I get this:
    upload_2023-9-21_15-56-39.png

11. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

You are using the subsystem to run Android applications in Windows; it could be broken.
    To first rule things out, does the application work on your Android phone?

12. kc001

kc001 Active Member

Fixed - it was just a simple toggle on of WSA settings

13. garonne

garonne New Member

Hi, can you tell what is this WSA setting ?

14. kc001

kc001 Active Member

Last edited: Sep 22, 2023
  15. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

I think it is a way for running Android apps on Windows.