Qobuz streaming methods - UHD3000

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by tc2007, Jul 31, 2023.

1. tc2007

tc2007 Active Member

Since the UHD3000 has an awesome DAC, I thought why not stream Qobuz on it to take full benefit of the hardware. So far I found 3 methods.

1. Installed official Qobuz app but it is made for phones so I have to use a wireless keyboard with trackpad to make it work and also I need to keep my TV on. Otherwise it works perfectly fine.

2. Installed BubbleUPnP and turned on UPnP rendering mode. Then on my smartphone, I can login to Qobuz on BubblePnP as a client and stream to the UHD3000. The overall experience is not as smoot, it gets the job done but lot more laggy.

3. Buy an external USB out streamer. That's an extra expense I don't want to make.

Are there any other options?

2. Ctrl-Alt-Del

Ctrl-Alt-Del New Member

You could connect your Qobuz account to your Roon account, if you have one.

Or you could use kodi/ZDMC and install the Qobuz-plugin. If you don't want to have your TV on while using it, you may install Kore, the official kodi remote app, on your smartphone.

tc2007 likes this.
  3. tc2007

tc2007 Active Member

Sorry no roon. I will look into Kodi. What really frustrates me is somehow Zidoo didn't have a simple digital coaxial connection when even the cheapest of DACs have it. There are literally only a couple of USB streamers out there and they all are well over $300. Adding additional costs.

4. tc2007

tc2007 Active Member

Kodi / Qobuz plugin no longer works and is abandoned. I am using BubbleUPnP for now.

5. salora

salora Member

I have also an uhd3000 and was searching for a music streaming service. I tried qobuz, tidal the app can be installed but is awfull to use even with a keyboard. And they are quite expansive. I managed to have tidal connect working for 1/2 an hour and then it was gone.
    Amzn is a pain.
    The only one that’s working great is spotify but it’s not lossless

so i ended up with an iphone and apple music connected to the dac input.
    It’s not a music streaming device, not like the dmp a6.
    And i asked but still have no answer if the uhd5000 on android 11 works better for streaming music apps

tc2007 likes this.
  6. tc2007

tc2007 Active Member

Do you have a wireless USB keyboard with a trackpad so you can use the mouse pointer. It works quite well with Qobuz but I don't want the TV to be on.

So for now, I have enabled ZD Link app with DLNA / UPnP enabled. It gets the job done. I think the best way to get a BlueSound Node N130 with USB output but it doesn't work for Apple Music. For Apple music get a cheap MacMini i5 and hook it up to the Zidoo using a USB and then use a UPnP rendered MacOS software.

7. salora

salora Member

Yes i have a wireless keyboard/pad horrible to use on the zidoo
    The iphone or ipad works just fine

8. tc2007

tc2007 Active Member

No Andorid based device would be good for streaming without an app on the mobile to remote control the Android device. The EverSolo DMP-A6 is implemented correctly with their native app as well as screen casting option. I am wondering if someone could port the apps to the Zidoo. I suspect they all are using the same hardware.