Vu meters

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by Serge vdv, Jul 24, 2023.

Tags:
  1. Serge vdv

Serge vdv New Member

Hi, little problem with the vu meters, when optical input ( TV) or digital coax (CD Player) is selected nothing moves but sound is ok.
    The only activity with the vu is when pass-through is selected but I plug my analog rca into the prepower rca input from Amp.
    That's because I want to use the dac from the eversolo otherwise when selecting integrated the dac of the Amp is working I think.
    So is there a way to let the vu meters work when optical and digital coax is selected whit no volume pass-through??

lemongrass likes this.
  2. Moxalain

Moxalain New Member

The behavior of the Vu Meter is not the same according to the entries.

input Al (streamer) ; Perfect. Regardless of the volume, the hands move across the entire surface. I like.
    Coax and UsbC input, varies according to volume (if you listen slowly, the hands don't move. It's logical but it's missing that I listen to music at full volume. I like less)
    Optical, the hands move a little whatever the volume.
    Here are 3 different behaviors.

I suggest a setting:
    1- Hands on the entire VM whatever the volume
    2- Hands proportional to the volume but the same on all inputs.

lemongrass likes this.
  3. petru

petru New Member

Hello. How can I do these settings? I listen through the A6's dac and for very rhythmic songs, the vu-meters are at their maximum... I would prefer them to move more.
    even if it is not at 0 decibels, but at -10 decibels, the vu metersis still at maximum. It barely moves.Thank you

Last edited: Aug 12, 2023
    lemongrass and XSA like this.