1.2.10 smb problem still present

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by YellowCows, Jan 15, 2017.

1. YellowCows

YellowCows New Member

Firmware 1.2.9 was a disaster for me, breaking my ability to browse large folders on my NAS through smb. I was so glad to see this update ready to download especially as it was supposed to fix this particular problem according to the notes above. What a disappointment to find that it fixed nothing at all. The same problem persists - whenever I try to open a folder that has a large number of files on it, either video or audio files, the FileManager just hangs continually. Furthermore, whenever I try to change the sort settings, for example to show files by descending date instead of by name, it doesn't remember those settings after reboot.

Also all the problems with YouTube audio glitches have not been solved, nor is there any fix for Amazon video not being able to play etc.

I have performed multiple factory resets, firmware re-installations, reboots etc and nothing fixes the issues. I am going to have to downgrade to 1.2.7 yet again to restore some of the lost functionality. This is a real shame and I hope the problem is fixed in the next update.

2. kayama728

kayama728 Member Beta test group

Hi YC
    tha samba share browsing works fine for me
    what do you mean with "large number o f files"?
    my nas, about 20tb full, no issues

please more details for your issue

3. YellowCows

YellowCows New Member

I keep my downloaded Tv shows on a subfolder within my main video folder on my Nas, which I access using smb on the x9s. This update and the last one both have a problem where I cannot access that folder, or my music folder (both folders have many subfolders and lots of files, about 1tb each) and the file manager just hangs forever when I try to access them.

I have already downgraded to 1.2.7 and I can open those folders again. There is a serious smb problem with the new update

4. kayama728

kayama728 Member Beta test group

did you try to reset samba share path and re-add?
    my largest folder is 9tb about and no problem

5. YellowCows

YellowCows New Member

Yup tried that multiple times. Like I said - no problem with 1.2.6 or 1.2.7 - 1.2.9 & 1.2.10 have this problem

6. YellowCows

YellowCows New Member

Just to reiterate, the problem is with FileManager, I can still access the files using kodi/ZDMC. Another issue with FileManager under these new updates is that FileManager does not remember the sort selections (I like the files to be sorted by date instead of alphabetically). Everytime I set the sort selection (using the "viewport" option), it does not remember that selection after reboot. I have to set it manually everytime.