DMP-A6 and Apple TV

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by xmathx, Jul 8, 2023.

1. xmathx

xmathx New Member

Hi,

Future buyer of a DMP-A6 , anyone have try to setup the DMP-A6 as temporary speakers ( via airplay) on the apple tv 4k with this option you can play Apple Music , movies , Tv show and have the Album Artwork etc.I have been using this option with another Streamer/Dac.

2. Riley

Riley Member

I just pulled up temporary audio output options on the Apple TV 4k and it does show the DMP-A6 as an option. That said, there is still some question as the airplay integration on the A6. Initially it was advertised as Airplay 2, but Eversolo have pulled that from their spec sheets, so they may be working through some certification on that, no clear answers as of yet. I have just been using my Apple TV through my television and optical out into the DMP-A6 thus far. I understand the limitations of the audio specs using the Apple TV but I enjoy using Spotify and other streaming services from it with having the album art and interface on the tv screen, I also have my cd collection ripped to my Mac HD and I'm able to play it all back through the apple tv interface.

3. Bluenight

Bluenight Member

I tried it with my apple tv4k and it didn't work great it was lagging behind with sound and did not start immediately just after some tries.

My Cambridge Audio CXNv2 i had before worked better with just slightly lagging behind with sound when watching movies i could see on the lips.

4. Riley

Riley Member

I tried it out, it is laggy and then eventually audio would just drop out, not an ideal scenario. Many have complained that the airplay integration has issues with connectivity and function. Hopefully it can be worked out in future updates.

5. Bluenight

Bluenight Member

Lets hope so.

6. xmathx

xmathx New Member

Thank you for testing, best option will be a hdmi arc/earc input. I will wait for future firmware update if they fix the issue with airplay. How the optical out ? Any lips sync issues ? Do you see sample rates on the dmp-a6 when playing music ?

7. Bluenight

Bluenight Member

No lipp sync issues, audio quality seem great imo, less sibilant then Hugo2 and clearer. Unfortunately i have some sound drop issue every 5 minutes that i made a thread about. I see pcm 48khz from the tv optical out.

Riley likes this.
  8. Riley

Riley Member

No lip sync issues or dropouts with optical for me from Samsung TV, it shows. PCM 48 khz from tv optical as Bluenight mentioned above.

9. Bluenight

Bluenight Member

Thanks the problem is my LG B6 tv then. They did something wrong with this particular model it seems.

But did you use hdmi sources without sound drops? Mine tv only have it with hdmi connected sources and not if I use the internal apps.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2023
  10. enisio

enisio New Member

I can connect my AppleTV4K with the DMP-A6 (using Airplay1!) but cannot control the volume using the volume control of the AppleTV.

11. Riley

Riley Member

Yes, volume control over airplay has been non-existent with the dmp-a6 from any device.

12. xmathx

xmathx New Member

@eniso , have you try to make you Apple Tv Remote learn the DMP-A6 volume control , on you Apple TV go Remotes and Devices > Volume Control > Learn New Device.

13. enisio

enisio New Member

I do not have the DMP remote so can not try that.

14. enisio

enisio New Member

Tried this .. does not work

15. Riley

Riley Member

It worked for me, make sure the DMP-A6 is setup in variable mode/audio passthrough off.

16. enisio

enisio New Member

Volume passthrough mode = off.

How is your set-up.