Title matches no longer work

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Augster, Jun 19, 2023.

1. Augster

Augster Member

6.4.62 FIXED THE ISSUE!

I was waiting for someone to explain to me the difference between the Google Play version and non-Google Play version but lost patience and upgraded to the non version and voila! Title matches work again! Thanks everyone for all your suggestions! Now to do a back up and caching of posters locally to speed movie wall scrolling!

2. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

Weird! I've had and still have the G version almost ever since and no title matching problems other than a couple of antique items. Maybe your last firmware was simply corrupted?

3. Augster

Augster Member

Well if it was corruption, it carried through from 6.3.# when this issue started, to 6.4.42. Upgrading to 6.4.62 apparently solved it, but the bigger problem is that this version is only available in these forums to be installed via USB, but not through updates directly accessible by the UHD3000 via online update.

I don’t normally frequent these forums, so anyone else experiencing the same issue would be stuck just like I was if they tried all the available online updates, which Zidoo’s website also lists 6.4.42 as the “latest” available, to no avail.

4. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

Personally I prefer USB updates, conditioned in the past by flaky internet connections, no longer a problem but like Pavlov's dog...! The forum's are full of great bits of information that often are not mentioned elsewhere. The other important aspect of forums is being able to readily share experience and "home handy hints". Good to hear you have sorted it. Oh yes finding the port number for the web interface only seems to be mentioned on this and a couple of other forums.

5. Augster

Augster Member

Update: ISSUE SUDDENLY RETURNED

So now again, it’s finding ZERO matches for either currently matched titles and new titles, but this time only for TMDB and TVDB; it does find matches on TVMAZE, which doesn’t help me one bit since my library is primarily movies.

6. Augster

Augster Member

Whenever the title matching rears its ugly head, I noticed one common symptom: The time was completely wrong by several hours.

I performed a factory reset, which the setup wizard asked about time zone settings and auto time setting and now that the time is accurate again, title matching is now working.

Unfortunately, it blew out my library and I’m starting over again and re-adding sources and rescanning my 7000+ library. This will take many, many days to manually re-march all the failures I’m encountering….