Can't connect DMP-A6 to Apple Airplay (NOT related Apple Music app)

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by KHick, Jun 24, 2023.

1. KHick

KHick New Member

I just purchased a DMP-A6 and am in the process of setting it up. I've managed to get the Airplay function to work with my iPhone and iPad, but cannot get it to work with iTunes on my PC (running Windows 10 OS). The DMP-A6 does show up on the drop-down Airplay menu on iTunes, but when I click on it, I get a notice that the DMP-A6 cannot be found on the network, although it clearly is on the network.

Has anyone else connected a DMP-A6 to iTunes on a PC? Does anyone know of any reason the DMP-A6 won't connect to iTunes on a PC? (I do have other Airplay devices connected to iTunes on my PC without issue.)

Any thoughts or suggestions? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

2. armstrong

armstrong New Member

Kind of off topic but are you running the latest firmware? When running airplay does it show album art?

3. Spring

Spring New Member Zidoo TECH Supporter

please upgrade new firmware (V1.1.70).

4. KHick

KHick New Member

I did go into the Info menu when I first turned the unit own to ensure it had the latest firmware, and, using the on-line update function, it indicated I had the most recent firmware (V1.1.40). After seeing your post, Spring, I looked for V1.1.70 and found it in the forum, which required a manual USB upgrade. The result: success! I now have iTunes connected to the DMP-A6 through Apple Airplay. Thanks, Spring!

5. KHick

KHick New Member

I thought I had the latest firmware, armstrong, but it turns out there was a new one available on the forum (for a manual update) that isn't yet available to the DMP-A6 on-line (for an on-line update). After installing the update, Airplay does show album art.

Spizz likes this.
  6. armstrong

armstrong New Member

Have you tried using apple music through iphone airplay if so is it showing album art because the last firmware did not so I’m wondering if it does on the new firmware. I still have 2 more weeks of vacation and I’m curious if the latest firmware fixed this.

7. KHick

KHick New Member

I don't use Apple Music, armstrong, but when I use Apple Airplay (from iTunes on my PC, from my iPhone, or from my iPad) using the latest firmware (V1.1.70) the DMP-A6 does show album art. For the brief periods I had my iPhone and iPad connected via Airplay using the previous firmware (V1.1.40) I don't recall seeing album artwork on the A6, but I wasn't looking specifically for it.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2023
  8. armstrong

armstrong New Member

Thanks for your response.

9. KHick

KHick New Member

You're welcome.

10. KHick

KHick New Member

I've updated the firmware to V1.1.70 and can now connect via Apple Airplay, but every time I do connect, I need to reboot the A6 to make it work. Every. Single. Time. Is there a fix for this?

(I still have my old streamer sitting beside the A6, still hooked up to the system, and every time I do try to connect the A6 to Apple Airplay, the old streamer does connect flawlessly. Every. Single. Time. It's an Argon Audio SOLO, if it matters or is helpful in any way.)

11. KHick

KHick New Member

And it usually shows the album art and track information when it does connect, but not always.