Artist information missing in library

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by legolas0315, Jun 13, 2023.

Tags:
  1. legolas0315

legolas0315 New Member

Hi,

I recently purchased a DMP-A6 and am enjoying the experience so far. I was experimenting with ripping CDs and have a question. I successfully ripped two CDs and added them to the library. The only thing I don’t understand is why artist information is not showing under the artist section. The album information, track information, etc. is showing fine. Probably something I am doing incorrectly. Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks

2. bob

bob Active Member Zidoo TECH Supporter

Ok, thanks
    We will fix it for the next firmware.

Spizz and wcseow like this.
  3. wcseow

wcseow Member

Looking forward for it.

When this is fixed in the new firmware, do we need to rip the cd again?

Thanks

4. pnjunction

pnjunction Member

BTW, Where the player take artists pictures? I see only strange men with the tie:)

MultiStream likes this.
  5. legolas0315

legolas0315 New Member

Is the artist not appearing issue supposed to be fixed in firmware update 1.1.70? I updated to 1.1.70 and ripped several CDs. I imported them into the library and only one is showing the artist information. (I guess this is somewhat better than before where it was not displaying any artist information!) It would also be great to be able to add artist information for an album manually if it cannot be pulled automatically.

Spizz likes this.
  6. Vinnie

Vinnie Member

I'm just starting to RIP my CD collection and I'm having the same problem. Of 4 CDs ripped so far only two are showing the artist. Is there any way to get the A6 to reload the metadata? I've tried clearing the cache and running update and rescan in the library

7. Jjb067

Jjb067 Active Member

Even now after the recent firmware updates, the CD play or ripping screens often show no artist, although it may have everything else. I always use the manual edit icon to the right of the album name (ripping screen) to see the album name and artist fields. Usually the artist lower box just says artists. Just get to this box and enter the artist name. You should then see each track name having the artist name appended. If it is already there, you don't need to add the artist name manually incidentally. I then see the Library has this artist with a new album as it should. Incidentally I have turned off automatic updates setting and always manually Update the Library after each new CD is ripped. For already ripped CDs in the Library, if you want to edit the artist name, there is a facility for doing that, 3dots on the artist display I think. You may also be able to edit an individual CD title for both name and artist to correct typos etc.

8. Vinnie

Vinnie Member

Thanks for that info, though I can only see an option to edit the Album name. The artist isn't listed, so there's no field to edit there :(

9. raeggis

raeggis New Member

You can edit artists info on your SSD , but not multiple your change. It is faster to ripp a new one

Max B likes this.
  10. Max B

Max B New Member

How do I do this?

11. George M C

George M C Member

Whether it's the dmp-a6 or the CD it's hard to say which is the issue.
    Rip the CD to your PC and then use MP3tags in conjunction with MusicBrainz and Discogs as necessary to update artist fields and any other that are missing.
    Delete the album from the dmp-a6 and upload again using an external usb.
    I've found this works and prevents a lot of wasted effort trying to get the dmp-a6 to recognise missing artist information.
    As Jjb067 said then run the Library update function manually for the SSD ... missing artist information and sorting will be fixed.

12. raeggis

raeggis New Member

The best way to learn is youtube