Network is gone

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by Laurent, Jan 3, 2017.

1. Laurent

Laurent New Member

Hi all,

Totally from a sudden, my access to the network is gone.

I saw a movie from my computer through upnp access on sunday afternoon and everything was OK.

Then, the evening, i was not able to connect to any device, no internet, nothing !

I reset the network setings --> I can have my IP address --> but no acces to network or internet
    I reset to factory seting V1.2.6) --> I can have my IP address --> but no acces to network or internet
    I tried to connect with WiFi with my smartphone --> I can connect but no access to internet !

Obviously, from my computer, I have access to internet and to my other device (NAS Hard disk)

If someone has a clue

Thank you

2. Kranetechnik

Kranetechnik New Member

Hi Laurent.
    Can you check with your Internet service provided...Happen to me once..

Regards

3. Laurent

Laurent New Member

Hi Kranetechnik,

Thanks for your advice. But internet works well from my computer.

And even without internet, I should access my network and see my computer as before, don't you think ?

Regards

4. thaiminhan

thaiminhan Member Beta test group

try my tips in 1.2.8 beta5 how to get openwrt resetting, maybe your zidoo had wrong setting with firewall.

option2. check your router setting if LAN or WLAN have isolate enabled, turn it off

5. freeroc

freeroc Active Member

Have you tried restarting your router?

6. Laurent

Laurent New Member

Hi Guys,

Thank you for yuor patience.

I updated the zidoo box to V1.2.7 --> nothing
    I checked the router and there is no isolate option
    I restarted the router (did already last time anyway) --> nothing

As I said, what is weird is that the afternoon everything was OK and then the evening --> nothing : no more network. But I still have the IP adress when I reset the IP config

I don't know what to do more.

==> I do not know how to do "try my tips in 1.2.8 beta5 how to get openwrt resetting, maybe your zidoo had wrong setting with firewall"

7. thaiminhan

http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/v1-2-8-beta-5-openwrt-nas.3804/#post-18757

8. thaiminhan

reset router to factory settings. not restart. check rouer firewall (turn off router firewall and try again befỏ continue these step), IGMP Snooping, Schedule setting for timing internet access of some special devices.etc.... reset your router (wifi accesspoint, Gateway device) to factory and reconfigure is fastest way if you dont know your key.

9. Laurent

Laurent New Member

I can't reset my router has it is my internet box. (free in France)

And it is very basic : no firewall / DHCP / UPNP yes or no / port redirection (but nothing change since it worked)

I have installed V1.2.8 Beta. But I don t know how to clean "overlay" partition in SSH access ;-(

10. niels

niels New Member

I had it a couple of times too last week, it did it with firmware 1.2.7 and 1.2.8 beta as well.
    I manually set the DNS.(the box did get an IP from my router), but that didn't work. I upgraded from 1.2.7 to 1.2.8, but that didn't fix it too.
    As a last resort I flashed the box through the recovery mode and that fixed it....for a day! Internet was gone again.
    I flashed it again and it was up and running...... for 3 hours.
    Then I realised it could be an app that gives this problem, in particular Hide My Ass VPN, since this could be messing around with the network settings.
    I'm now running an allmost clean box for 4 days now and no problems anymore. I'm still installing some apps every odd day to see if something changes, but I'm confident it's gone.
    Are you using an app like HMA?
    To get rid of the problem flash firmware 1.2.7 ( .img file) via recovery, you will see the problem will be gone, simply trying to update/upgrade won't help.

11. Laurent

Laurent New Member

Hi Niels,

Sounds like a good idea.

I will try this week end. I'll keep you posted

Cheers

12. Laurent

Laurent New Member

Dear Niels,

I did the procedure and it works perfectly well. I have now the network as from the first day as we say.

Thanks again to all of you for your support and enjoy your Zidoo TV Box ^_^

13. niels

niels New Member

Hi Laurent,

I'm happy it worked for you, but now you have to find the app that did this.
    For me it started after the last HMA update.
    So now I' trying another VPN app the last 4 days and it's still going well.

14. Laurent

Laurent New Member

I don't know what to think as I have installed no app at all. Except kodi addons. Hum, maybe ?

15. francishe

francishe Member

Occasionaly I have the same problem of losing internet connection and sometimes it reconnects automatically but sometimes not. You have to reboot your box. My box is working with E3000 on 5GHz band. Most time it works well at a download speed of 11MB/s uninterrupted. Maybe driver's problem?

Valery Moskalenko likes this.
  16. Valery Moskalenko

Valery Moskalenko New Member

Actually, I have the same WiFi issue on 2.4GHz. I have MiktoTik RB951G-2HnD router.