Weather app not working

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Eugenio Elias, Feb 21, 2023.

1. Eugenio Elias

Eugenio Elias New Member

Hi I have Z10pro Last firmware
    Weather app not working
    Thanks a lot any help

2. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

Nothing we can do, the app is broken.

3. Jason_77

Jason_77 New Member

There could be several reasons for this issue, and I'd be happy to help you troubleshoot it.
    First, have you checked to make sure that your internet connection is working properly? The weather app relies on an internet connection to retrieve the latest weather information, so if your connection is spotty or not working at all, this could be the cause of the problem.
    If your internet connection seems to be working fine, the issue could be with the app itself. Have you tried restarting your phone or reinstalling the weather app to see if that resolves the issue?
    Another thing to check is whether there are any updates available for your phone's firmware or for the weather app. Installing the latest updates could potentially fix any bugs or issues that may be causing the weather app to malfunction.
    If none of these solutions work, you may want to consider reaching out to the manufacturer or your phone carrier for further assistance. They may be able to offer additional troubleshooting steps or even replace your phone if necessary.

4. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

He's referring to the Weather App on the Zidoo... I for one am just hoping that Zidoo simply gets rid of it in a future firmware or provides an option for us to uninstall it and put something actually useful for media purposes in its place..

5. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Active Member

or you can just get another launcher like Wolf Launcher and install whatever weather widget you want if it's that important to see the weather...lol.

6. JohnG

JohnG Member

Same problem here, running a Z9x. Enter your zip code and get an error message.

7. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

As I’m not glued to my tv or Zidoo I just look out the window or my phone. I’ve had 5 weather warnings for Sydney today on my phone.
    Can’t say I miss the app, I’m sure something more interesting could be substituted after the current FW is fixed.

8. Phil181

Phil181 Active Member

Weather is working fine still on ZDMC, so for those unable to look at their phone or out the window, it is an option :D

xskip and Deano86 like this.
  9. Jimbo Randy

Jimbo Randy Active Member

Using the weather app was NEVER even a thought in my mind lmao. I just use my phone for that. The Zidoo is for local video playback, not the weather :).

10. JohnG

JohnG Member

Granted, the weather "monitor" included with the Zidoo main screen only shows the temperature for your local area, but it would be nice to see it working again. Anyone who wants an actual weather forecast or "alerts" should look elsewhere, IMO.

11. Eugenio Elias

Eugenio Elias New Member

I agree. Weather app was never important in a media player.
    BUT Zidoo should allow us to remove it from main screen!!!

12. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Active Member

13. Jimbo Randy

Jimbo Randy Active Member

14. Edworld

Edworld Member

I like the weather app, same weather every day, nothing to worry about...

rozel likes this.