Z1000 Pro - Movie Type

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Eldon Doucet, Sep 20, 2022.

1. Eldon Doucet

Eldon Doucet New Member

When I edit a movie on my poster wall using a web browser and change the field 'Movie Type', where does this movie end up? A added movie type 'Music' to a movie, and it does not appear on the Custom Genres Music. The Beatles movie Help! is another one. In the poster editor Music & Comedy are in the Movie Type, but it doesn't show up when I display the Genre Music or Comedy. Yet the TV series Band of Brothers shows up in Comedy! This is just too weird.

I'm running v6.4.20 firmware and have rebooted my Z1000

Last edited: Sep 21, 2022
  2. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

On the Zidoo pop menu select Category and select Music if you have added it under Movie Type on the Web editor.

3. Eldon Doucet

Eldon Doucet New Member

I know I can do that with any movie. But that still doesn't explain what's happening. I mean Band of Brothers TV series shows up as a Comedy! And I cannot figure out how to fix this.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2022
  4. Netmask

In the web interface looking at Band of Brothers TV series, under Movie types does it show Comedy? If so just delete it, click on Submit and that should do it. I just did an edit for '71 removed Thriller (Movie type) hit submit and it was removed from HT.

cut1.JPG cut2.JPG

5. Netmask

If Comedy was added at the time you scanned most likely that info was on the source TVDB ? Take a look on their web site and check. If you join TVDB you can edit info and very occasionally I've found a few obvious pranks. Sometimes the synopsis info will be incomplete and one can edit and add additional info.

6. Eldon Doucet

Eldon Doucet New Member

Thanks, but you can't do that for a TV series, only movies

7. Eldon Doucet

Eldon Doucet New Member

I've checked all the sites Zidoo searches-none of them show Comedy as a genre for Band of Brothers - and you can't edit it from the web interface.

8. Netmask

Until the TVDB problem is fixed, then yes. However what I did for a couple of titles I really wanted to edit I temporarily used TMDB as the source. Re TVDB it will require a firmware update to fix the problem so I wouldn’t hold your breath in terms of priorities to fix or improve.

Eldon Doucet likes this.
  9. Netmask

OK I got hold of season 1 Band of Brothers and used TMDB as the source. All present and correct and no mention of Comedy. So I would suggest it is part of TVDB's on-going problem.

Screenshot_20220922-074011.png

10. Netmask

Just to check I changed the data source back to TVDB, also no comedy so not sure what is going on there? But a lot more information. data source.JPG TVDB01.JPG