Poster Wall hangs...

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Clint74, Sep 8, 2022.

1. Clint74

Clint74 Member

Hello,
    I have a Z10 Pro but unfortunately my poster wall hangs and resets... I'am quite sure I'm running out of memory (this started happening more often as my collection got bigger and now I can barely start the app before it hangs when it starts loading stuff), Is there any way I can check this?
    Any suggestions to solve this problem...I can't afford the UHD3000 which has 4gb of ram.
    Is there a way to have two separate instances of poster wall so I can divide my collection and lessen the load... I tried installing ZDMC to get around this but unfortunately it doesn't see any of my shared folders! I tried everything (with my limited knowledge) but it doesn't even see my PC or any other network device. Everything is visible in the poster wall or media center.

Is there any way to add RAM??? It's embedded I guess....

Thanks in advance for any help.

Windows 10 Pro (21H2)
    Norton internet security
    Wired network

2. AngryVirginian

AngryVirginian Active Member

It is not a problem with RAM. I have a Z10 Pro and have over 2,000 titles in my collection and everything loads fine.

Maybe backup HT4 data and do a factory reset?

3. Clint74

Clint74 Member

Thanks for the input but I'm quite positive it's running out of Ram as it got worse as I added more movies.....my collection is definitely oversize......

4. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

Why do you think your ram is being used more just because you have a lot of movies? Even if your movie HT4 data is set to be stored in the Custom location, that should be in your 32gb internal Zidoo storage.... Have you tried running the Clean Up app, though?

5. Prometheus

Prometheus Member

I don't think the RAM has anything to do with your problem. I have 798 folders and 18542 files on my NAS (40Tb and adding more) and my Z10Pro works fine, the RAM on my Z10 Pro ranges from 20 -36%. Where are your files stored? a NAS, internal HDD, how is it connected Wifi, Ethernet connection? What protocol are you sing, SMB, NFS...
    I think more of a connectivity issue here than RAM problem. I know that I was using the SMB protocol on my Z10Pro and it gave me trouble, my movies were starting, but after a while it stopped, some posters couldn't load, switch to NFS protocol and it works fine now.
    More info is needed here on how you use/connect your Z10Pro

6. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

I greed on RAM consideration. But my case on network protocol is other way around. NFS gives a poorer connection than SMB to my NAS via Ethernet.

7. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

Have you deeply diagnosed both Windows 10 Pro (21H2) and Norton internet security settings etc that something in their settings is not having an affect? I have a UHD3000 and haven't had any real problems. I did lose my SMB shares on several occasions but after I followed the advice of @Markswift2003 AND finally rebooting my NAS late last week (forcibly after a major power outage in my district, a large truck took out a major power pole!) it seems to have settled down. I can reboot and everything is there. Currently I'm on Win7 and have Malwarebytes Premium and plain old built in Windows virus checker and firewall and Ethernet connections to everything. Years ago I had Norton's but it was too resource hungry for my system at the time.

8. Clint74

Clint74 Member

Hello, yes I've tried clean up to no availability....

9. Clint74

Clint74 Member

Hello, as I said I think it's the RAM....that's why I was asking for a way to check the memory usage. I would be glad to know that's not the problem!
    My collection is around your size in terms of N° of movies/shows and it's stored on my PC with 41 shared folders. I use SMB.
    SMB and windows sharing are a pain because the Zidoo requests with so many folders will bring up the maximum active sessions and block the sharing....I have set the automatic disconnect to just a couple of seconds and other optimizations in Win but the service still sucks....
    Anyway I never have (or extremely rarely) movies stopping or other problems once the streams start...unless I really stress the player with too much seeking or messing around with the movie.....
    There are instances where I get errors connecting via SMB but that is usually solved by resetting the sharing (terminating all sharing sessions in WIN)
    I looked into NFS but didn't want to delve into the registry and gave up because SMB was more or less working...
    I'm very frustrated and wish I could go back to WIN 8!!!!! (can't because of other software.....)
    Thank you for the insight on NFS.
    I also have to add that all my movies have an nfo file associated and the Zidoo is instructed to read only that file info....no online scraping.....

10. Clint74

Clint74 Member

Hopefully not for me when I'll try it out!!!!

11. Clint74

Clint74 Member

Well I would also appreciate the advice of @Markswift2003 ...do you have a link to the topic please?
    When I ad win 7 or 8 I had absolutely no problems with sharing or building up my collection ... but it was surely smaller back then!
    Unfortunately I migrated to win 10 pro less than 2 years ago because other software I use was no longer supported.....

Maybe I have to try a server edition?!

I checked every option in win and Norton when I switched to win 10 because I had problems as explained in my previous reply, I also uninstalled Norton but that didn't make a difference...then "solved" most problems as described earlier....

12. Clint74

Clint74 Member

I also really don't understand why I can see my SMB shares in the Poster wall and media center but nothing at all with ZDMC!!!!

13. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

Shares on ZDMC (Kodi based) are separate from HT4 posterwall and Media Center (Zidoo)...you need to go into your sources on ZDMC and set them up..

14. Clint74

Clint74 Member

Exactly...what I meant is that I cannot see anything under SMB from ZDMC!

15. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

Yes, that is correct! If you have downloaded one of the newer versions of ZDMC, you can no longer just easily browse and see your shares under SMB anymore...Yes, I know! It's a pain!..... you have to add them by inputting a network location (IP address/folder/etc) under the ZDMC add sources and input it's admin and password. I had read that you can go into the Settings of the ZDMC and tell it to use SMB V1 only, which theoretically would allow the browsing, but I found that wasn't really working for me either... My guess it is a just an updated security thing with Kodi, that got pulled along for the ride with the Zidoo versions...

16. Clint74

Clint74 Member

Thanks for the info....wil try