Using 3D movies mkv/mvc, hbs sbs

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Bladerunner, Sep 2, 2022.

1. Bladerunner

Bladerunner New Member

Hello, as I already told in my first post in this forum, I'm very new with Zidoo (coming for long time from Kodi) and have first questions.
    This topic belongs to 3D movies.
    Here I have several types of 3D movies: MKV/MVC and HBS and SBS.

How Zidoo regocnize types of 3D movies? Do I have to rename the movie file name with the 3D format?

2. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

My naming follow this pattern, although this was when I first got my Zidoo 3000.
    Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets (2017) 3DSBS.mkv

Bladerunner likes this.
  3. Bladerunner

Bladerunner New Member

I tested so far with my very new z1000 pro all types of 3D movies.
    Every format works pretty good. The picture quality of 3D is really impressive on Zidoo.

Unfortunately the 3D is not automatically recognized by Zidoo. I have to press "menu" and have to go to "3D" to tell Zidoo, that it is a 3D movie.

Is there a way, that Zidoo recognize 3D by itself?

4. DzigiBau

DzigiBau Member

I had the same situation with my Zidoo Z1000 Pro. The first movie I played in 3D, I had to make the same effort manually like yourself to watch movie in 3D format. All movies I played after started automatically. What I noticed that movies that played automatically in 3D has following pattern in their file names: NAME.3D.Half-SBS.mkv or NAME.3D.Half-OU.mkv or NAME.3D.BluRay.Half-SBS.mkv which you can try yourself. It is the name of file, probably, which makes Zidoo to treat it as 3D content and play it automatically in 3D format.

Bladerunner likes this.
  5. Bladerunner

Bladerunner New Member

Update:
    By sheer coincidence I found additional settings in Zidoo. I you looking a movie and force "menu" and scroll down comes "expanded" (translated). From there scroll down to "force 3D TV".
    Now each 3D movie is recognized as 3D and sends 3D signals to TV/Beamer.
    With MKV/MVC it works pretty good.
    The HOU-/HBS-Movies also are recognized as 3D, but the output format SBS or HOU is wrong.
    Here I have to try some renamings of the files as described before in the postings.

6. Bladerunner

Bladerunner New Member

Solved for me:
    I gave on the end of the 3D movie filenames either 3DSBS or 3D HOU.
    Many thanks to all of you for the input.