HDMI input for interlaced..

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by qzm, Oct 19, 2016.

1. qzm

qzm New Member

I was trying to test HDMI interlaced input.

Source is 1080i50, however there are hug interlacing artifacts in the output, it looks like
    the input is being treated as progressive, then scaled.

It is a major issue if interlaced source material cannot be used on the hdmi input, as this is often
    the only option for many hdmi providers.

Or perhaps I am missing a trick? I can find no place to change a setting for interlaced support.

The result was similar to this example: http://www.100fps.com/distortion1.jpg

Thank you.

2. qzm

qzm New Member

Is nobody else even interested in this?
    It does seem odd, as not everything is progressive - can someone at least confirm that interlaced 1080i input looks terrible on the output?

3. spring

spring Guest

hi
    we will check it.

4. qzm

qzm New Member

Any updated on this? it is a big BIG problem, as interlaced input simply is so broken it cannot be used, which is a primary feature of this device (hdmi in).
    Do you realise a lot of the world has interlaced signal as standard?

5. qzm

qzm New Member

STILL no update on this?

Come on! Without working HDMI Interlacing input, how is HDMI in functional? a good amount of the media HDMI broadcast sources everywhere are interlaced!

PLEASE fix hdmi interlaced input!

6. spring

spring Guest

Hi
    we have changed some code, and under testing now.

7. steveaustin

steveaustin New Member

I have the same problem (decoder skyHD) Please help.

8. x9x

x9x New Member

I'm using 1080i@60 source. It seems to be ok.
    I used to play recorded videos on my PC. (Using potplayer)

9. qzm

qzm New Member

Would love to know when the new updates could hit a rollout version.
    It really is unusable at present, it seems to only really support 1080p50 (in my case), and is retagging i50 as p50 on the hdmi output, so therefore the downstream devices do not display it correctly (there are other issues, but that is the basic one that means pass through is not even working). I have tested on 1.2.7
    there is a menu option for 1080p, and auto, however neither result in 1080i working.
    just to be clean, if input is 1080i and output is 1080p, you CANNOT just pass through the 2 fields as is, it must be deinterlaced, as otherwise downstream devices will display it wrong.
    if input is 1080i and output is 1080i, then the hdmi output configuration must correctly flag this as an interlaced signal.
    1.2.7 does look to perhaps be a LITTLE better, as the interlacing doesnt seem to have gone through the slight rescale I was seeing on 1.2.3, however it is still unwatchable terrible as the interlacing is showing
    clearly on the output monitors as the signal is marked as 1080p..

10. spring

spring Guest

Hi
    about the 1080i problem, we have fixed it, and tested pass.
    we will add this function in V1.2.8
    thx!

11. Adhara

Adhara New Member

What about 2160i videos ?