Z9X HDMI issue

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Capitan Solo, Jan 23, 2021.

1. Capitan Solo

Capitan Solo Member

Zidoo Z9X recently buyed: HDMI record doesn't work correctly (when activate "Start Record", the input video "slows down" and is recorded "slowed down").
    As soon as I stop the recording with "Stop Record", the video input returns to running smoothly, without slowdown.
    With Zidoo X10 and Zidoo Z9s, instead, all it works fine and I used the same configuration on all of them three.
    Maybe the new HDMI apk has a/some bug/s.
    It could be possible to uninstall it and try to use, e.g., the Zidoo X10/Z9S HDMI apk ?
    Thanks in advance for the attention.
    Paolo Stanic

2. Quincy47

Quincy47 New Member

The same thing for me, no recording is possible after 15 minutes the box freezes.
    Quincy47

3. Capitan Solo

Capitan Solo Member

Hi all... : )
    Coming back to HDMI Record feature, currently, with Z9X_P_v6.3.12_G_202106161134_ota-package.zip (beta) installed on my Zidoo Z9X, I was able to program and record correctly (I have not encountered any more, activating "Start Record", that the input video "slows down and be recorded slowed down") but unluckily, only for a maximum of 00:30:00 (hh:mm:ss).
    If I try to record an entire movie, a sport event and so on, for unknown reasons:
    - something happens after 00:30:00 (hh:mm:ss) that force the exit from HDMI record feature and back Zidoo to its "home page"
    - seems to completes his job, but when I try to play the resulted file, I receive a message that inform me that the file is corrupted/unreadable... : '(
    With Zidoo X10 and Zidoo Z9s, instead, all it continues to work fine, as I wrote in my first message (Jan 2021).
    Please, do something to solve this bug ASAP !
    Paolo Stanic

Last edited: Jul 5, 2021
  4. Capitan Solo

Capitan Solo Member

Hi all... : /
    Coming back to HDMI Record feature, currently, with Z9X_P_v6.3.26_G_202107301429_ota-package.zip (beta) installed on my Zidoo Z9X, I was able to program and record correctly (I have not encountered any more, activating "Start Record", that the input video "slows down and be recorded slowed down") but unluckily, only for a maximum of 00:30:00 (hh:mm:ss).
    If I try to record an entire movie, a sport event and so on, for unknown reasons:
    - something happens after 00:30:00 (hh:mm:ss) that force the exit from HDMI record feature and back Zidoo to its "home page"
    - seems to completes his job, but when I try to play the resulted file, I receive a message that inform me that the file is corrupted/unreadable... : '(
    With Zidoo X10 and Zidoo Z9s, instead, all it continues to work fine, as I wrote in my first message (Jan 2021).
    Paolo Stanic

5. Capitan Solo

Capitan Solo Member

Mmm... no one is interested to solve this issue ? No one other than me want/need to record through HDMI ?
    Paolo Stanic

6. Capitan Solo

Capitan Solo Member

Nothing has changed with BIOS Z9X_P_v6.3.35_G_202108201856_ota-package.zip (beta) either, installed yesterday.

Paolo Stanic

7. Lourocs

Lourocs New Member

Yes, im having the same problem, trying different settings to see if it resolves the problem.........

8. Capitan Solo

Capitan Solo Member

Hi Lourocs, hi all.

Thank you for having highlighted the same problem.
    It seems that most of Zidoo Users and Zidoo itself ... ARE NOT AT ALL INTERESTED.
    About the Users, I can understand that they mot have the same needs as us... but Zidoo, as the Vendor, should take care about this issue.

I began to appreciate Zidoo products (I own an X9, an X9S, an X10, a Z9S and the latest purchase, a Z9X) because they were/are among the few with this feature (HDMI IN) that, once that the VCRs and related magnetic media (BETAMAX/VHS cassettes) went out of production, have allowed me to continue recording my favorite TV programs, not only significantly improving the recording quality, but taking away the worry of where to ever find new videotapes and where to keep them.
    In some years, moreover, I was able, through the port in question (HDMI IN), to retrieve many of my favorite programs, which now instead of staying on bulky shelves, fit comfortably on my NAS.
    Some are not the best (the quality of the cassettes degrades over time (all data on magnetic tape undergoes this process) and the VCRs themselves have had to deal with their age ...) but it was nice to be able to recover them.
    But it was even better to understand that from that moment on I could use my Zidoo not only as (very good) multimedia players (the function that seems to interest most of the Users, reading in the Forum ...), but also as a digital video recorder (digital VCR).
    Even with some models prior to the Z9X there had already been problems with the HDMI IN port, but they were solved automatically with the release of new BIOS in a relatively short time, so I was never in the true condition (as now with the Z9X) to write in the Forum informing about the problem and ask for support.

With the Z9X this hasn't happened/isn't happening and that is why I insist on reporting the question, even if Zidoo doesn't seem to care.
    Reading my posts, someone will have wondered why I didn't stop at the first Zidoo that had fully satisfied my needs (and more) than I had than with my old VCRs and that's it.
    Simple: in the meanwhile, I also learned to appreciate the qualities of my first Zidoo as a multimedia player and therefore I decided that, if it was worth it, I would invest in the purchase of its new evolved products (which then happened...).

Little story about me and Zidoo products aside, I don't believe, from experience gained in knowing the Zidoo product, that our problem can be solved finding a specific configuration for the Z9X that makes it work as we want: as I wrote in a previous post, all my other Zidoos are configured in the same way and work smoothly.

The problem is in the BIOS (or in some of its components, maybe right in the HDMI IN or its integration with the rest of the features) and if Zidoo does not get interested in solving it (or hoping that he will solve it "randomly" as in the past, with new BIOS releases) , I think we will end up owning only a very good multimedia player.

For me, in this case, for sure, will have been even the latest Zidoo product purchase.

Paolo Stanic

Last edited: Nov 22, 2021
  9. Capitan Solo

Capitan Solo Member

Nothing has changed with BIOS Z9X_P_v6.3.41_G_202109161428_ota-package.zip.

Paolo Stanic

paresh likes this.
  10. Capitan Solo

Capitan Solo Member

Nothing has changed with (in order of installation):

Z9X_P_v6.3.45_G_202110261901_ota-package.zip
    Z9X_P_v6.3.50_G_202111051744_ota-package.zip
    Z9X_P_v6.3.55_G_202111191852_ota-package.zip

- seems to completes his job, but when I try to play the resulted file, I receive a message that inform me that the file is corrupted/unreadable... :(o_O

As said from the beginning, opening this thread in Jan 2021, "Z9X HDMI issue", under 30 minutes, the HDMI IN port works normally.

Only at the beginning there was another problem associated:

"HDMI record doesn't work correctly (when activate" Start Record ", the input video" slows down "and is recorded" slowed down ").
    As soon as I stop the recording with "Stop Record", the video input returns to running smoothly, without slowdown."

So, for which strange, undeclared/unspecified reason right after 30 minutes, the Z9X exits the HDMI IN application, stops recording and the recorded file (until "the crash") results unreadable ?

This made me think again that it might not be the driver that manages the input stream of the HDMI port (I repeat, under/up to 30 minutes recording happens regularly) but overall the HDMI IN app and/or its interaction with the rest of the player/player apps ...

No one is skilled enough, ZIDOO technicians for first, to finally, seriously take care about this issue ?

Paolo Stanic

11. Capitan Solo

Capitan Solo Member

Nothing has changed with latest BIOS Z9X_P_v6.3.60_G_202111241929_ota-package.zip.

- seems to completes his job, but when I try to play the resulted file, I receive a message that inform me that the file is corrupted/unreadable... :(

Please, ZIDOO technicians over all, do something to solve this bug ASAP :(

Paolo Stanic

12. Ralph Galli

Ralph Galli New Member

I also have the Z9X with HDMI IN problem with aborting an reservation recording before the time entered.
    Here are the problems I am having:
    1. stops recording before entered time to stop
    2. shows recording for one hour, but only recorded about 30 min.
    3. stops the recording before it's supposed to and switches to main menu
    4. click record without reservation and recording stops after several minutes in the recording