Zidoo <-> Google Nest

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by CGI, Mar 4, 2022.

1. CGI

CGI Member

Hi Everybody,

Recently bought Google Nest (great toy :))
    Connected, set up Google Home App and customized almost all smart devices (TV, IPTV STB, Receiver, Air Cond., Lights..) but had no success in integrating Zidoo Z1000 Pro.
    It is not discoverable :(
    Any advice/help if and how Zidoo can be connected is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

2. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

We use Google Nest - I wouldn't call it a toy though as we have become reliant on it. During the recent cold snaps, for example, we can turn down/off the heating before we go out and whilst we are out can turn it up/on say an hour before we return. In our household, with shift workers it's invaluble.

But I am struggling to understand why you would want to integrate it within your Zidoo?

3. CGI

CGI Member

My bad calling it a "toy" :( - I have it for a week now, and I am still exploring its capabilities. In fact, I find it very usefull too. I programmed my climas, use it with TV and AVR. Also the big advantage, as you say, is that can use it from outside, when I'm not at home. Also can rule the lights on/off - simulating someone is at home.
    As for integrating Zidoo - as confirmed many times in the forum, I have also turned Zidoo's CEC off, so:
    - I would like to be able at least to turn it on/off (not very comfortable with 7-8 RCs, that I have. I know that Harmony can mitigate this, but that was one of the reasons I bought Nest)
    - IMHO - will be very usefull if Zidoo controller can be integrated with Nest (Google Home)
    - It would be nice if I can start playng a movie, for example, using Google Nest
    - Also would be great if able to start playing an audio album with TV off
    - Etc.

4. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

All I know, which isn't helpful, is that CEC is "the work of the devil" as has been mentioned on here many times. You could try a CEC-Less adapter, available on ebay.

I use a Harmony Elite Hub / Remote to control all my Audio and Video devices, well I say all, cannot control my record deck though :( I confess that I didn't know a Nest can do similar though.