Google play services keeps stopping?

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Johnwoto, Feb 19, 2022.

1. Johnwoto

Johnwoto Member

Hey guys

never seen this before on my Z1000pro - a message keeps popping up in the middle of the screen saying Google play services keeps stopping - I can’t get rid of it - it comes up when watching anything and on the screensaver basically every screen I go on - I have reinstalled the firmware but that didn’t work - be great if anyone had an idea how to sort it

thanks
    B6652DB3-341B-442F-9EE0-53E6E5D0D0AB.png

Last edited: Feb 19, 2022
  2. dferregu

dferregu Member

same to me with Z9X_P_v6.3.66_G_202112211834_ota-package

this firmware was fine but since today i have the same message every 2 minutes

3. Johnwoto

Johnwoto Member

Got it sorted temporarily - I used the non G firmware then uninstalled the app - haven’t had a problem since I did that - will try the G firmware on the next release but TBF I have all the APKs I need so don’t really need on the player

4. clueluzz

clueluzz Member

I had the same problem and went with non-G hardware as well. Then had to uninstall the Google Play before it completely disappeared

Johnwoto likes this.
  5. bob

bob Active Member Zidoo TECH Supporter

Yes, because of the non-_G version, there is no google services framework.
    _G to upgrade to non-_G, it is best to restore the factory.
    I recommend _G to upgrade _G's version so Google doesn't get it wrong.
    thanks

6. Nicholas Degenhart

Nicholas Degenhart New Member

I am having the same issue and it is driving me crazy. I am not super tech savvy...can someone give me "instructions for dummies" to fix this issue? I cannot watch a tv show or movie without the popup happening every 1-2 minutes for the entire show/movie

Edit : I have updated to the latest firmware_G and I am having the same issue. So I will try to update to the beta firmware without the G. Can anyone tell me what I will lose if I do the firmware without the G? I don't use anything other than poster wall and a local server to play my movies and tv shows. Do I need google play services for any reason?

Last edited: Feb 26, 2022
  7. Johnwoto

Johnwoto Member

Hi - you can find the non G firmware from here https://www.mcbluna.net/wp/ - when it’s installed go to the apps and uninstall the Google play - that fixed it for me

8. GARY CAMPBELL

GARY CAMPBELL New Member

Yes i was having the same problem updated firmware without G but the popup was still coming on so i went to apps and Google Play was still there so just uninstall the app and its all good no popups.

9. Johnwoto

Johnwoto Member

That’s great you got it sorted

10. Nicholas Degenhart

Nicholas Degenhart New Member

dumb question...I updated to the non G version...what am I losing by nothing the Google Play Store? I don't use anything but Postwerwall to watch movies and TV shows

11. Johnwoto

Johnwoto Member

I'm the same don't use Playstore

12. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

I'll say again USB Audio Player Pro (UAPP) is far superior to MP6 and so it's worth installing Playstore just for that.

13. Johnwoto

Johnwoto Member

Not for me - iTunes all the way

14. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

UAPP is not a streaming service per se in that it it holds no library of music which you subscribe to. It has the means to stream (I have Tidal integrated within it) and plays my ripped audio marvellously. So comparing it with iTunes is not relevant

15. Johnwoto

Johnwoto Member

That's what you like but not for me - iTunes has lossless audio so it is relevant - I also have a lot of SACDs that I play - Only use the Zidoo for films

16. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

I'm seriously not trying to be clever, honestly I'm not. I too play all my SACD / DSD (64 - 256 and even 512) / FLAC (play plenty of 32-384 files) and other lossless stuff, including MQA titles through my external DAC via my Zidoo. UAPP is a must have for every HiFi enthusiast, bypassing all audio limits of Android. UAPP sends bit-perfect straight to the DAC. For the MQA processing, if your DAC handles it, then it will unfold the files there too. With USB Audio Player PRO, you can play from various sources: internal storage, SD cards and USB drives, a Samba network drive, UPnP servers but also several streaming services including Tidal, Qobuz and Shoutcast radio. As I say a must have app if you are a dedicated Audiophile. When paired with a half-decent ext DAC the Zidoo 1000 Pro streams (ie passes USB Audio) very competently indeed.

17. Željko Sušek

Željko Sušek New Member

My device is ZIDOO Z9X. The problem I have is downloading from Googlepaly. I enter Google play through the Google search engine. I log in properly, the download starts - and so on endlessly. I have a paid license for Neutron Music Player - trial version downloaded from their site worked great, nothing! Hiby spins for 30 minutes??? I gave up on UAPP even though I paid for the license (even the money is not returned after registration). I did a factory reset on ZIDOO - no results?? Can you help?

18. Željko Sušek

Željko Sušek New Member

forum, odgovaraju na upite i mogućnost downloada verzija aplikacije. Poslao sam im uplatu na Google play (nisam mogao skinuti direktno) što su potvrdili - složio prijavu na njihovoj konzoli te identičnu na mojoj aplikaciji - i sve radi bez prigovora. Cijena 9€

auto_awesome
    Prevedi s jezika: bosanski
    Potražite pojedinosti

AUPP is a legend for ZIDOO. The solution is Neutron Music Player - they have a forum, they respond to inquiries and the possibility to download versions of the application. I sent them a payment on Google play (I couldn't download it directly), which they confirmed - I put together a login on their console and an identical one on my app - and everything works without complaint. Price €9