Hdmi in

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by esse60, Nov 9, 2016.

1. esse60

esse60 New Member

Hdmi in, with the firmware update does not work anymore. Not record. X9S

Last edited: Nov 9, 2016
  2. freeroc

freeroc Active Member

Please upload a screenshot and discribe more details and then let's see what happened.

3. esse60

esse60 New Member

DSC_0017.JPG DSC_0017.JPG First, with firmware 1.2.4 in the same conditions, records. Now, you do not hear the audio and not recording.

Attached Files:

4. esse60

esse60 New Member

Solved. I reset to factory setting. Now audio and recording ok.

5. spring

spring Guest

6. Omegga

Omegga New Member

Hi , I just purchased an x9S and am having difficulty with the sound. Especially HDMI in (great picture but no sound). In the settings menu , the sound notification volume button is set to off and i am unable to slide it right to increase the volume output. ( Audio set to HDMI out= Auto; SPDIF = RAW; HDMI RX =RAW) There is sound when running android apps, etc. but no sound from HDMI in (TV box and HD camcorder). I am running v1.2.3 . OTA Online Update says"Now is the latest version"???. I would like to update to a more stable firmware. Zidoo website (english) has no available firmware for the x9s available for download. Any suggestions on how to fix my issue or how to get a stable firmware update for this device?

7. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

Omegga, before post, read the forum, better if all. More or less all FW after 1.2.3 are beta, so no online OTA.
    You can follow the manual procedure.
    If you search, you find.
    (Indeed, most informaton are scattered in too many threads, so is not always straightforward...)

8. x9x

x9x New Member

9. x9x

x9x New Member

10. spa

spa New Member

Thanks PacoRabanne

I read many and many threads of the forum, including that of the links you recommended, but it seems dangerous.
    Have you tried?
    Can I try it for one time and after uninstall it without any problems?

To overcome the problem of HDCP i bought this item:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00RMMGOGS/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

as you see it has an HDMI input and one scart input.

hoping that bypass HDCP, but it is not guaranteed, otherwise i will use the scart as input and not HDMI , the quality is not the best, but at least i will be able to record all from the sky decoder and from Digital
    what do you think about it??

I saw that you are Italian like me;), i live in Tuscany and you?

11. PacoRabanne

Never tested, no protected sources at all here.
    To remove maybe you will need to reflash your device.
    Yes, analog converting could be a solution, but with loss. Not best choice, I think.

I've read somewhere good thing about this: https://www.hdfury.com/
    But nothing more...
    ... let search !

Yes, Lombardy, Milan.

12. Sarco

Sarco Active Member Beta test group

I test it and it work, to install copy original file zidoo_hdmi.apk from /system/app/zidoo_hdmi (if you want to return to original apk) in settings/app uninstall HDMI IN then install zidoo_hdmi_in_hack.apk.

13. PacoRabanne

Sarco, how you are able to access /system/app path?
    Rooted X9S?
    If yes, could you detail the procedure you used?

If not, could you detail the procedure you used? ;)

TIA!

14. Sarco

To access root file I use EsExplorer, no need to be root, you can copy the file but not delete or change.

15. spa

spa New Member

Hi Sarco

I Don't find EsExplorer in the PlayStore, but is the the same thing EsFileExpolorer ?

I installed it, but when i try to access like root to view and copy file in some directory, not allow me.

16. spa

spa New Member

Arrived :) https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00RMMGOGS/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and it, in my case, bypass HDCP protection :D.
    it allow me to see and ear good both from HDMI cable and SCART Cable:D

but, from a first impression, seems:

- when i recorder by HDMI cable there's a little problem of video quality and good audio quality:(.

- when i recorder by SCART cable there's a big problem of audio quality and good (considering the source)
    video quality:(.

I try few setting but not seems work.

solutions?

17. esse60

esse60 New Member

Try this or similar with power adapter _20161202_134937.JPG . Video good, audio good.

18. Sarco

You do not need root access, in local / and you will see root directory...

19. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

some user hacked the HDMI in app. will bypass HDCP. you can find the app on the forum