No sound with AAC on Z9X

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by HDGuy, Oct 10, 2021.

1. HDGuy

HDGuy Active Member

I’m not getting any audio output at all with videos that have AAC tracks on my Z9X in HT4.0. Everything else works/bitstreams fine. I tried both raw and auto in the audiosettings but neither work.

I just got a new receiver, a Denon Avr-s760h, and I think that’s the issue here. The Z9X worked fine with my last receiver, and my Nvidia shield is outputting AAC audio just fine. I had an Onkyo 676 previously.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2021
  2. muha

muha Active Member

That doesn't make no sense, does it play aac+?

3. Yohmi

Yohmi Member

Hello !
    I don't know if it's related, but in my case, I'm also experiencing a "no sound" issue with AAC, but in a specific configuration.
    When I read a DTS XLL 7.1 track (in a MKV) and ask to the Z9X to output LPCM 2.0 through HDMI (directly to the TV), I don't get sound either. The audio track during the video is labelled as a 2.0 AAC 48.0KHz track, but no sound coming through. Using the same configuration for DTS:X, Dolby Atmos or even a DTS XLL 5.1 track works fine.

It might be unrelated since it seems more specific, but this could be another symptom of the same problem.

4. muha

muha Active Member

Sorry, when connected to TV can you go to Settings\Audio\Downmix HD Audio and set it on?

5. Yohmi

Yohmi Member

Thank you for your reply :) Unfortunately this doesn't solve the issue, neither triggering sample rate on or off…

6. maglione

maglione Member

I had a similar problem with the stereo tracks, the other tracks, dts hd and atmos tracks worked fine. i had turned down the volume on the zidoo.
    try turning up the volume on the zidoo unit.

mrstinky, Telectricity and muha like this.
  7. HDGuy

HDGuy Active Member

Yup, it was the volume. They need to put a “disable volume” option for people who use receivers.

Telectricity likes this.