WHAT'S STOPPING ME FROM BUY ANOTHER ZIDOO PRODUCT

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Emmanuel81, Jul 31, 2021.

1. Emmanuel81

Emmanuel81 Member

If these issues are fixed I PROMISE to buy the Zidoo Z9X but these problems are stopping me.
    • We need to have the option to add and tag content manually WITHOUT going through TMDB or TVDB; what if I don't have internet access. I need more offline options when adding movies to the Posterwall.
    • I don't know if this is a bug or was overlooked mistakenly. When I add a movie and a poster is downloaded automatically, I like to change the poster art most of the time. Instead of Zidoo replacing the current poster, it will download an additional image. This becomes problematic when you have thousands of movies and change the poster for most of them. A lot of space is wasted, just replace the current poster instead of storing an additional image.
    • I currently have access to all my movies and tv shows from anywhere using Emby. Being that Zidoo is also a router maybe we can get a similar feature. (Not a big deal but would be nice)
    • Can we have bigger poster wall images similar to Cinema HD. Extra Large poster art looks really nice on Big Screens and Projectors. I attached a sample image below. (Not a big deal but would be nice)

Attached Files:

2. Emmanuel81

Emmanuel81 Member

@Mabon Thanks for the reply. As far as the poster art is concerned, with all due respect I don't need a tutorial, I just want better poster management. Whenever you download a different poster, another file is saved to storage as opposed to the current poster being replaced. For one movie I can have 4 or 5 different posters taking up space in my hard drive. This adds up when you have thousands of movies. As far as the poster size, that's just a minor request. Check out the image I attached to see what I'm talking about. The only reason I made the poster size request is because I know it's an easy change as far as coding is concerned. They can add the feature within hours if they wanted to. I have a projector with 120 in screen, the extra large movie posters from Cinema HD looks AWESOME, no reason why Zidoo can't add an additional size option.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2021
  3. videobruce

videobruce Member

If that is all you are complaining about; silly posters, why even use them? Are you watching a movie or a poster??

4. nc88keyz

nc88keyz Active Member

Just install Kodi and Use Auromod, should take care of all your artwork lust.

5. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

i Guess some like to watch the poster just in case something interesting may happens before they watch the movie ?

6. Emmanuel81

Emmanuel81 Member

Thanks for the reply, but I'm not having a problem with the artwork. It's more of a storage issue due to bad system management of downloaded artwork, not a user error.

7. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

You have been Reported !

8. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

I understand your first point.

What you can do for now, that is to delete all the posters, backgrounds and other logos. The Zidoo will only reload those needed to display the posterwall as you set it up previously.

To do that, go to the media center and open the source that you want to clean up. Open the hidden right menu and select « setting ». Put « Show hidden files » to « « On » and « Ok ». A new folder appears (HomeTheater). Open it and then, open « backdrops », « logos » or « posters » folder. It will display the list of all the posters, logo or whatever. Go to the right menu to select « choices », go back a second time to the right menu and select « select all », then « delete ». Same procedure for each hidden folder and for the different hdds in media center. When finished, back in the right menu, « settings » and put « Show hidden files » to « off ».

If you have access to the HDD from your computer, these folders are not hidden. You can delete all the files inside easily. Even after a factory reset, as long as you have a backup, no matter if you delete all the images in these folders, the Zidoo will reload the posters and backgrounds automatically.

9. Emmanuel81

Emmanuel81 Member

Thanks for the reply, I'm afraid to delete everything because it literally took me weeks to get all the poster art for my collection. Also a lot of artwork will go missing because Zidoo depends on TMDB/TVDB to tag the movies. There are a lot of foreign movies that are not in the Database so I would have to manually add artwork for a ton of my stuff.

10. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

For the missing movies on TMDb, you can register on the website and add a new movie or a new TV show. Then, you upload some posters and backgrounds. You can do the same for the existing movie or TV Show (I am a contributor of TMDb for the french posters).

Do you have a couple of examples of those movies not registred in the database of TMDb?

11. Emmanuel81

Emmanuel81 Member

I can't think of any at the moment because it's been so long. This is when the Zidoo X9s came out, about 5 yrs ago. I just remember having a lot of trouble tagging some movies and a ton of TV Shows. (Especially anime like Jojo's Bizzare)

12. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

To get the best accuracy for the automatic scan results, better to search on TMDb website first, to get the right title+release year to name your files. For the TV show, you must put all the episodes from all seasons in one folder to the name of the show+ release date (and avoid the name of the episodes in the naming convention). I know some users have trouble with missing info on TMDb for some animes. Maybe TVDb is better for that.

jojo’s bizarre has different entries (2 for the TV Shows and 7 for movies) but I don’t know if it’s accurate or not. Some informations are missing.

https://www.themoviedb.org/search?query=Jojo's bizarre

Most of the time, bad results of the automatic scan come from naming issues of the files. For my TV Show, I hit 99% of accuracy (I don’t have a lot of them though) and around 97% for the movies.