Audio Passthrough Kodi Krypton v17

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by XtrordinarY, Oct 31, 2016.

1. XtrordinarY

XtrordinarY New Member

I can't get audio passthrough of DTS-HD to work on Kodi Krypton v17 and Zidoo X9S. Am I doing something wrong or is it not possible in Kodi Krypton v17? Because it works just fine with ZDMC Jarvis v16!

I know it works with the wrapper solution but I also want it to work with the standard Kodi v17 player.

Audio settings in Android have been set to RAW and HDMI 2.0, in Kodi I obviously set the config level to Expert and enabled passthrough and enabled all audio formats including DTS-HD.

Sounds does work in Krypton v17 because I hear the theme sounds while browsing through menu but as soon as I start a movie with DTS-HD I have no sound. When I choose to downmix sound is back but that's stereo and not passthrough DTS-HD.

2. Mumakil

Mumakil Member Beta test group

I test it yesterday and same issue, no audio.
    In audio setting in Kodi, the first line is grayed. This whith IEC android/ RAW/...
    The choice is not possible.

3. Sarco

Sarco Active Member Beta test group

Zidoo like near all chinese box use specific audio api in android and passthrought must be implement like in ZDMC. In official Kodi you can have HD audio via internal decoder if you set number of chanel of your system. The difference between passtrought and decoder is that Kodi decode the track dolby or dts like your home theater and send the signal in form of each channel in pcm. Your receiver will then take all different channel and apply to speaker. My setting in audio is auto and I can enjoy HD audio from home theater in Kodi. If you want passthrought use ZDMC.

HaoSs and xtreme1 like this.
  4. XtrordinarY

XtrordinarY New Member

Uhmm do you mean this is only the case for Android?! because I have been using XBMC/Kodi for ages and I have always use passthrough and no internal HD decoder? I even have a Zotac ZBOX ID80 up and running with Kodi Krypton on Ubuntu that is capable of DTS-HD passthrough so I find it weird that it isn't working on Android?

5. Sarco

Sarco Active Member Beta test group

It is not android specific but chinese box arm chipset. Android x86 work well and usely in phone. Pure android should work but all chinese manufacturer (why I don't know) have cripple android system and the result is patch over patch over patch....

6. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

they trim because you don't need all functions from android to play video. They try to make it lighter, have a less impact on the CPU. To be honest. they should drop android and work on pure linux.
    As far as i know. The passtrough code is the only code in zdmc that's added over pure kodi. on the rtd chip.

7. XtrordinarY

XtrordinarY New Member

Hmm is it possible to inject the code from ZDMC into Kodi?

8. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

it will probably be done by zidoo guys once 1.7 is stable.

XtrordinarY likes this.
  9. freeroc

freeroc Active Member

There will be a new version of ZDMC which transplant Kodi 1.7 into ZDMC. :)

xtreme1 and XtrordinarY like this.
  10. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

Well i sincerely hope Kodi 17 works better with the Zidoo, both as a wrapper and a hardware capable player in its own right, the 2 currently exist as a dog with fleas.

11. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

i'm using 1.7 beta right now. Its works good. but i don't use passtrough

12. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

But how does it perform as a standalone player? The built in 16.1 is terrible.
    How does it integrate withe the Ziddoo player? The built in 16.1 can't pass the resume playing from data amongst other things.

13. XtrordinarY

XtrordinarY New Member

I think you mean when you use ZDMC with external player it doesn't remember the resume point? But it does when you activate bookmarks in external player I think? I don't know for sure because I don't use it.

14. spring

spring Guest

because the kodi 17.0 offical no longer compatible android device. so many kodi branch still support the android device, such as SPMC.

15. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

still. the 1.7 beta is available trough playstore.

16. jpnn80

jpnn80 New Member

As final version of Kodi v17 has already been released since february 5th, any ETA on when it could be included with a new firmware for Zidoo X9S ?

Last edited: Feb 11, 2017
  17. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

Never ask for ETA.