Z9X - exFAT HDD - trouble with trailer - BUG report

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Miroslav Hrncir, Mar 21, 2021.

1. Miroslav Hrncir

Miroslav Hrncir New Member

Hi, I am not sure if it is a bug, anyway:
    when I connect exFAT formatted HDD directly to Z9X using SATA cable, the trailers (stored on this HDD) are not working. Movies play fine (!) but when I want to play locally stored trailer for any movie (stored in same folder as the movie with filename movie-trailer.mp4 or movie-trailer.mkv), it says that the file cannot be played. When I connect this same HDD to my NAS and share it over SMB and access it using network, Z9X plays trailer fine. When I reformated the disc to NTFS, it started working. Therefore the problem is definitely with exfat and locally saved trailers.

2. MsieurSeb

MsieurSeb Member

Hello, Are the trailers from TinyMediaManager?

3. Miroslav Hrncir

Miroslav Hrncir New Member

Yes they are. But that is not the issue, because the trailers are correctly playing when I connect to the same disc via network. The problem occurs only when I connect this exfat disc directly to Z9X using SATA cable. There is no problem in the trailer file, because it plays well on any non-exfat drives. This is definitely a bug.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2021