Do posters in HT4 work?

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Kurt, Mar 15, 2021.

1. Kurt

Kurt Member

I can never get HT4 to scan in posters. Movie info and plot works, but never posters.
    For a work around I scan in kodi, export library as separate files, then open HT4 to see posters.

Kodi has much more flexibility overall, but I think HT4 gives a better picture, so I use both.

Anyway, is there some trick to get the scan in HT4 to load posters?

2. Thanos

Thanos Member

Hi Kurt.

When scanning, it is possible to indicate the option of "use local posters first"
    If that's what you want = to use saved posters.

3. Kurt

Kurt Member

Yes, thats what I do, it loads what kodi downloaded for posters.
    But what I mean is there a way to have HT4 load its own posters after doing a scan? Where I dont have to use koid at all when I have new movies to add.

4. Thanos

Thanos Member

Exactly.
    HT is looking for a poster during the scan, from FanART, TVDB etc.
    If you already want to use your own poster, check "prefer local posters" before scanning, otherwise HT will automatically search for new ones.
    In "HT" there is a very interesting function. When you support a movie in HT, you have the possibility of changing the "poster" (or poster for background) for another.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2021
  5. Paul777

Paul777 Member

I still don't understand for what need this apk. I deleted HT 2.0 from my zidoo x9s.
    I prefer standard filemanager.

6. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

+ 1

7. Paul777

Paul777 Member

Prime reason for buy zidoo it's autoframerate and awesome video quality. I tried to use home theater apk, scan and received a wrong posters. Better to use standard filemanager.

I six years used konoos gv-3765 and for me standard filemanager is so an ideal.
    Also for me hdr, 4k, 3D it's all useless options, i use zidoo x9s only for 1080 Blu-ray iso, bdmv folders, WEB-DL, DVD iso.

Video quality even in WEB-DL is so amazing.

Update: sorry for my bad English. I am not native eng speaker.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2021
  8. Mariusz

Mariusz Active Member

Mabon likes this.
  9. Paul777

Paul777 Member

Guys, why don't you love to use a standard filemanager?

I prefer to use a standard filemanager than HT apk with posters.

Manually mode to add covers is not available to veraion 2.2.1, HT 3.0 and 4.0 just impossible to install on zidoo x9s.

10. Mariusz

Mariusz Active Member

It's not that we don't like the standard file manager.
    HT is simply better, nicer, contains a lot of information and looks great. I am currently using the Zidoo Z10 pro. Before that, I had a Zidoo X10 and HT 2.0 there. 3.0 worked very well. You could scan filam disks to add placts. Of course, you could add the posters manually.
    Now, as I wrote, I have Zidoo Z10 pro and HT 4 works very well. I named the movie files according to the forum guide. Manually added the missing film covers after scanning. Everything looks beautiful!

11. Paul777

Paul777 Member

If you want covers, maybe will better to use ZDMC?

12. Mariusz

Mariusz Active Member

I use ZDMC. However, I have my movie collection cataloged in HT, arranged as it suits me, and I am very happy with it.

13. Paul777

Paul777 Member

HT is more weird apk which i seen, this apk give wrong posters for this animated series: TMNT 2012 ( for all episodes)

14. Mariusz

Mariusz Active Member

You can always add a given video / TV Show manually and choose the right poster.

15. Paul777

Paul777 Member

How it's possible do on old version of this apk? New versions just impossible to install on zidoo x9s.

16. MsieurSeb

MsieurSeb Member

I allow myself to use this post to ask my question. How to modify the clearlogo in HT. I manage to put the poster and fanart in manual, but impossible for the clearlogo even by deleting the old clearlogo in the folder ".HomeTheater".

Folder movie :
    "name movie" (year).mkv
    "name movie" (year).nfo
    "name movie" (year)_poster.jpeg
    "name movie" (year)_fanart.jpeg
    "name movie" (year)_clearlogo.png

EDIT : I succeeded by cleaning the database.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2021
  17. walden

walden New Member

exactly! Zidoo is the player you buy software and get a complimentary hardware!

18. Paul777

Paul777 Member

Totally disagree with you, better to use standard filemanager than HT. I received very many wrong posters to episodes of my favorite TV shows.

Videoplay apk aka gallery3d + filemanager it's an ideal variant than stupid poster wall. Do you agree with me too?

19. walden

walden New Member

if so, there are plenty of choices cheaper than Zidoo. Why do you buy Zidoo?
    For me, and most of users I believe, the logic of choosing Zidoo is just like to buy a Synology NAS over other much cheaper NASs.

Mabon likes this.
  20. Paul777

Paul777 Member

I bought zidoo because video quality of zidoo much better than my old mediaplayer konoos Gv-3765. Videoplay apk aka gallery3d have autoframerate and stability work.

Very cheap mediaplayers as tanix, ugoos, iconbit, x96 are having rockchip which can be throttling.

+ these mediaplayers doesn't include autoframerate. Do you understand?