Question about V8 remote

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Nicholas Hewitt, Mar 9, 2021.

1. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

I dont know what you're talking about, but the v9 is great for media...... the keyboard is useful for renaming files which I do a lot, and text editing system files. I guess having the keyboard is for more advanced users, and people that search for apps. I just wish it had an info button on it. All that empty space seems like a waste.

2. Zigourney

Zigourney Active Member

It’s a different use case, if you’re going to use it for text input/editing files then obv it’s useful and I would imagine you would be very happy with its capabilities. But I do all that stuff on my pc before copying my movie files over to the nas, where it’s already organised into folders so I have no use for it, I simply use the box to play movies.

3. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

Depends on one's usage, for me I use Zidoo strictly as a movie player, I almost never typed anything. I deleted all the irrelevant apps including Netfilx. Only app I installed is ZDMC which is for the purpose I mentioned.

But for those who use Zidoo like a computer, a keyboard might be necessary.

Zigourney likes this.
  4. Zigourney

Zigourney Active Member

Same, I never install anything on my tv boxes either, I don’t even bother with the google play version of the firmware, my LG OLED tv has all the built in TV apps you could ever want like Netflix, prime, Disney etc. etc. and those apps are integrated into the TV and tv remote better than any external media box could ever accomplish...in terms of my rips, I handle all that in my custom built PC, once a rip is tested all ok, I copy over to my NAS as a final step to enjoy the movie, playback through Zidoo.

I have the Z10 and Z1000 Pro and I don’t even use the internal hard drive bay, I stream everything from nas over a wired home network, only reason for me choosing the bigger boxes is because I like the bigger form factor, bigger screen, better remote, better build quality over the smaller units.

5. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

One reason I use the keyboard is to change skins using ZDMC because it's bugged. Skins don't change unless you edit the gui xml. At least for me, and a lot of other people they don't. Sometimes you can get lucky by uninstalling a theme then installing again to get the change skin prompt that seems to work. I just wish Zidoo didn't hide every file in any folder that's marked system. Even when those files don't belong to them. Or I would have fixed the shows on ZDMC not being marked as watched. Zidoo seems to like to hide folders that don't belong to them so people like me can't fix things.