Blu-ray folder playback

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by cavedarter, Aug 25, 2020.

1. cavedarter

cavedarter New Member

I have a number of 3D blu-rays that are not in ISO format. The Z9s will correctly recognize them as 3D movies and start playing, but all of them just stop playing after about 5-8 minutes in. I can't skip past the time that causes the issue, or select a scene past it from the blu-ray menu (attempting to do so just crashes the file as well).

I tried to convert these to an ISO with imgburn and think I did so successfully but the Z9S has the same playback issue with the ISOs.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

2. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

It almost sounds like you have damaged files. Do those files play in 2D? What program did you use to rip? Do they play from RPi or PC using Kodi?

3. cavedarter

cavedarter New Member

2D doesn't work either (Specifically, movie does start playing but crashes at the same time as 3D).
    I don't have a RPi to test with, but the files do work on PC using potplayer as 3D player.
    Also, the menus load perfectly fine. I can see the scene selection but can't select past the first

I will try to create a remux from the ISO I've created that had the same problem to see if that's at least a solution, if I can't figure out what's actually going on.

4. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Do you have the same problem when playing using direct play (Zidoo player) not BDMenu?

5. cavedarter

cavedarter New Member

Yes. I almost always just play movies using direct play, unless I want to view blu-ray extras. That's how I initially encountered the problem. Since then I've tried:

- playing movie from blu-ray menu
    - playing a scene past the timestamp that causes a crash
    - downloading ZDMC and playing the video files through that
    - converting the BDMV/CERTIFICATE structure into an ISO

my bad for not specifically laying all of that out in my original post! all of them resulted in crashing the video player at the same time in each file. I could try a remux now too, but I am still curious what's going on

6. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Very strange. I didn’t see anybody complaining about 3D movies stopping. All your 3D movies do that or just some? Did you upgrade firmware? Try connecting hard drive directly to USB 2.0.
    3.0 had some issues.

7. cavedarter

cavedarter New Member

I think you are right and that there's something wrong with the 3D track specifically on the files. I tried to use makemkv and failed, so maybe the video program I used on PC to watch these 3D files was able to skip over whatever problematic playlist issue there is with them

thanks again for your time and suggestions