Is it fix fix 10 bits colour+2160p+auto 23.976?

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by pradejonero, Mar 23, 2020.

1. pradejonero

pradejonero New Member

Hi, I had the zidoo x9s for a few years now, but recently I bought a new 4k tv. When i try to set all that options together, the screen gets black every few seconds, it happens also in the menus.
    I´ve been checking , and its a common problem with zidoo (x9s, x10, z9s...).

My firmware is quite old but looking through the forum, With other firmwars could be even worse, now I´m using 2160p+10p+24fps I get some judder, but its better than having the film at 8bits and getting lack of progressiveness.
    Thanks

2. Franconian

Franconian Active Member

Don't know what your question is really, but use the follwing settings:

- Firmware 2.1.28
    - Automatic Framerate + Resolution switch on (this is a must, let your TV do the upscaling - you will get a black screen when starting/stopping playback one time when it switches resolution/framerate)
    - (resolution in Quick Settings does not matter at all, this is only for menus when using the auto switch above)
    - Advanced settings: Deep Color Mode - Auto / Color Space Mode - Auto / HDMI Range Mode - 16-235 (not auto here because it often detects the wrong range like 0-255)

I have flawless playback and no judder at all.

3. pradejonero

pradejonero New Member

4. Franconian

Franconian Active Member

Use my settings and you shouldn’t have any issues.

pradejonero likes this.
  5. pradejonero

pradejonero New Member

I´ll try to updgrade that firmware. With my current firmware I dont have the hdmi range mode in the settings, so that could be the problem, by defect it problably is at 0-255. Thanks