Timvision

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X6 Pro' started by denny846, Jul 13, 2016.

1. denny846

denny846 New Member

Hi,
    Please, can you release an update to see timvision???
    Thank you very much

2. freeroc

freeroc Active Member

Is it a addon of kodi or a APP ?

3. denny846

denny846 New Member

ho freeroc,
    Is a App, is possibile to install from Google play.
    when you Lunch this app And you log with your account.. come out one message "devi e booted: with this device is Not possibile to play Back premio content"

4. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

denny846, TIMVision don't run on a LOT of android devices.
    AFAIK, seems another nasty app that don't like rooted devices, and also non rooted ones but with some trace of root or rootability.

freeroc, could you finally release a deep unroot tool for your owner that absolutely don't want root at all?
    I'm definitively not a member of them...

5. freeroc

freeroc Active Member

What you means "deep"? Can't the tools existing restore box to a unroot status utterly?

6. PacoRabanne

Hi, freeroc, finally a Zidoo member that ask something about "the unroot dilemma"!
    I explain what I know, may be more or less inaccurate or incomplete.
    Currently, any "unroot" of X6 (both with "SuperSU unroot or with OneKeyRoot unroot) leave back some "trace" of binary file used to gain root access, usually these are "su", "superuser" and some related to "busybox" (may be the executable itself or also the alias used by android to execute some functions).
    "Nasty" app like Timvision but also some from other "pat tv" content provider seem to watch for any trace of root capability (even disabled) and don't runs if so.
    For some app maybe the "incompatibility" is related to the fact that X6 is not in the list of "compatible devices", but the most is instead related to "root" (trace) detected.

As in some my past posts, if you make something more "accurate" (synthesized as DEEP) to remove any trace of root related files, maybe this "issue" will be resolved.
    If you, as Zidoo, are in trouble to identify which files are the possible culprits, you can ask Rockchip their help.

For the more brave, if you finally release next FW with a TWRP recovery, that one include a filemanager able to work on any file, also on system volumes, then may be possibile to delete "root related" files in recovery mode.

Am I wrong?

7. freeroc

freeroc Active Member

Your suggestions are hypothesis Based.
    Can anyone provide a app to prove this hypothesis. The app which can run in a original unroot system but can't run in a root->unrooted system in X6pro.

8. freeroc

freeroc Active Member

Ok, Maybe you are right.
    Our test engineer had confirmed that timvision can run in a version which compiled under user-level privilege .
    So timvision is sensitive to the privilege, and it can't exclude the possiblity of "trace of root" as you said.
    We are following this issue.

PacoRabanne likes this.
  9. PacoRabanne

Very good!
    Keep in mind that TIMVision is not the only one, and if you will solve this issue, many users will be happy (or at least a little more ;) )

10. SkorpioITA

SkorpioITA New Member

Good.
    I'm also interested to use TIM Vision from my box
    Thanks

11. Harlan

Harlan Active Member

There's one issue that you overlooked. Zidoo's buildprop file identifies the system as a 'userdebug' build (i.e. one with built-in root access and binaries with the extra overhead of debugging symbols compiled-in). You can read more about the standard build types here: https://source.android.com/source/building.html

In most cases, a plain 'user' build, with limited access and no debugging symbols is the only type of build that is considered suitable for production models.

12. PacoRabanne

Harlan, thank you so much!
    Consider I'm NOT an android developer, my consideration are based on a lot of Googling (and choosing info using my mind).
    So your remark is deeply welcome!
    Another piece in the puzzle!
    So I hope Zidoo will find soon a way to root and unroot X6 in a "perfect" way.
    Important for me is to be always able to gain root access.
    Thanks again!