How to power off / shutdown?

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X6 Pro' started by Harry Patat, Jun 22, 2016.

1. Harry Patat

Harry Patat New Member

Today I received my X6 and so far it has been a discovery tour to find out how everything works

I am using the standard remote but cannot figure out how to shutdown the device
    When I push the power button I get 3 options

Power down directly
    Standby
    Ask me

So what should I do next
    I have ticked the field directly and then go back but nothing happens

In the end I pulled the power cable....

:)

Can someone please help me?

2. bigpoppapaul

bigpoppapaul Member

That's because you're HOLDING the button down (long press) rather than tapping it (short press). Long press lets you decide what happens when you short press the button. If you set it to "ask me" you'll then get the option to power off, stand by, or reboot when you short press the power button, then you just use the directional keys to select which one you want. I keep it on that setting because the option to reboot is a handy one. However, if you select either of the other two, then that's what will happen when you short press the power button (select what you want, you can always change the option with a long press again).

3. Harry Patat

Harry Patat New Member

Great! That is it
    Thanks for the quick reply

4. Pat Watts

Pat Watts New Member

I just got the X6 Pro and accidently long pressed the power key. I wasn't sure what to choose so I chose shut down. Now we have accidently shut the unit down several times. Any way to reset the button without having to factory reset the box? Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

5. bigpoppapaul

bigpoppapaul Member

Just long pressing it again should work, giving you the option to change the default.

6. Pat Watts

Pat Watts New Member

I tried that...It powers off the box, as does short press. It also says press any key to abort shut down, but I tried that also and it shut down anyway.

Update:

I just tried a long press again and it worked. I was able to change the setting. Not sure why it didn't work yesterday but it worked this time.

Thanks so much for your help.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2016